Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: POST UR VIG SPECULATIONS HERE

[ QUOTE ]

I agree completely FWIW. I think it's just a messed up situation that is none of our business and I hate the fact that it's posted here. I have nothing against either of them and I hope for the best in this situation. I also think it's [censored] up that everyone is jumping on Vig being a scammer at this point. Yes, it's possible, but as it is, I believe him. It IS difficult for Americans to get money out of poker sites, as many of you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree that it's none of our business. They gave up a lot of their right to privacy by soliciting money from us, especially when that private information has a direct impact on how that money is being used. In fact, now that there is controversy between them about this, the reasonable thing to do would be to disclose all of the relevant info and have us decide what to do with the money.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:24 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...vc=#Post9391569
Old 03-02-2007, 04:24 AM

edit
Old 03-02-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I agree completely FWIW. I think it's just a messed up situation that is none of our business and I hate the fact that it's posted here. I have nothing against either of them and I hope for the best in this situation. I also think it's [censored] up that everyone is jumping on Vig being a scammer at this point. Yes, it's possible, but as it is, I believe him. It IS difficult for Americans to get money out of poker sites, as many of you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree that it's none of our business. They gave up a lot of their right to privacy by soliciting money from us, especially when that private information has a direct impact on how that money is being used. In fact, now that there is controversy between them about this, the reasonable thing to do would be to disclose all of the relevant info and have us decide what to do with the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The money may be your business, but their relationship/child/anything not concerning the money is not.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The money may be your business, but their relationship/child/anything not concerning the money is not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree again
Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 AM

lol @ the justice league post.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:52 AM

T-God,

I don't think it's that simple. Their relationship, kid, financial situation, etc. was a big reason behind the donations. They publicized all of this to gain sympathy and encouragement for their cause. I bet at least some of the money was due to the floods of cute pictures of the wife and kid. Therefore, all of the above is directly related to the fund. It should be very disturbing that the appearance of a loving family was basically false since it all came apart a month later. The apparent disingenuousness of their situation should be troubling to all those who donated.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
T-God,

I don't think it's that simple. Their relationship, kid, financial situation, etc. was a big reason behind the donations. They publicized all of this to gain sympathy and encouragement for their cause. I bet at least some of the money was due to the floods of cute pictures of the wife and kid. Therefore, all of the above is directly related to the fund. It should be very disturbing that the appearance of a loving family was basically false since it all came apart a month later. The apparent disingenuousness of their situation should be troubling to all those who donated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be amazed at what hardship and dealing with things that you shouldn't have to can do to your home life. Luckily, I think we'll end up getting through it.

Vig
Old 03-02-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet ALL of the money was due to the floods of cute pictures of the wife and kid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-02-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
T-God,

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be amazed at what hardship and dealing with things that you shouldn't have to can do to your home life. Luckily, I think we'll end up getting through it.

Vig

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that have to do with my post at all?

From Mrs. Vig:

[ QUOTE ]
Mike and I have had many problems since being diagnosed, and this has been a very difficult time for us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I think it was wrong of you to give a display of a healthy, loving, committed relationship in order to gather more money from BBVers.