Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 AM

Default QQ meets serious resistance with a raggy flop

Villain is a regular at this site, quite loose, but plays well postflop. 36/18/3.5 over 250 hands.
Is the turn call ok? I was thinking he had an overpair too, so I wanted showdown without having to pay him off too much if he had KK/AA. If I raise I'll get 3-bet quite often, and that would probably tell me I'm dead. Might as well just go into call-down mode here OR is that to weak?
River most likely didnt change anything (of course there's an odd chance he played AK, but not likely). I thought I'm behind more often than not, so I checked it. Again: good or too weak?

Ultimate Bet
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1./$2
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Donkey Kong is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Donkey Kong raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Donkey Kong caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Donkey Kong raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Donkey Kong calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Donkey Kong calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Donkey Kong checks.

Results:
Final pot: 10BB
Old 02-24-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Re: QQ meets serious resistance with a raggy flop

I don't think I could play this any differently.Until the river the only hands I can see you beating is JJ and a flush draw (only because he is that aggressive), unless you think he would three bet TP.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Yes.

I think that it was played well. Villain's stats are almost that of a full-blown maniac.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a regular at this site, quite loose, but plays well postflop. 36/18/3.5 over 250 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these FR stats or SH stats?

I think I would value bet the river
Old 02-24-2007, 03:19 PM

Its SH stats. I dont think villain is a maniac, but he's too loose even for shorthanded games, at least preflop.
I was thinking about betting the river at the time, but i was pretty sure the only hand I'd beat was JJ. So I checked it down.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its SH stats. I dont think villain is a maniac, but he's too loose even for shorthanded games, at least preflop.
I was thinking about betting the river at the time, but i was pretty sure the only hand I'd beat was JJ. So I checked it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few Tx hands that show up, plus with a high aggression level he could also have smaller PPs and thinks you're raising the flop with AK for the free card.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:57 PM

i would raise the turn. too many scare cards can come on the river that kill the action from a smaller pp. of course HU i'll sometimes raise the turn with a flushdraw/overcard hand or 88 so he's obligated to call down a decent portion of the time, plus i'll check the river with a certain frequency as well.

edit to say you need to valuebet the river, yo.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:04 PM

Raise more and bet the river. Checking the river with AK is bad against essentially everyone.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more and bet the river. Checking the river with AK is bad against essentially everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you what you're saying is "cap the flop" and keep on raising? I guess you're right, but I remember having some serious concerns when I played the hand. A preflop 3-bet from this guy was sign that he had the goods. I didnt see him 3-bet junk. With continued aggression I thought it was most likely an overpair. So the only hands I could imagine him have were premium hands (AA, KK, JJ, AK or a low PP although I didnt even consider that option when i played the hand) I'm having some difficulties seing that Tx can be in his 3-betting range preflop here.

After running into the flop resistance I was afraid he was going to c/r me on the turn. I realise thats weak thinking, but I think the guy was getting to me at the point (I was on a heavy losing streak).

My line of reasoning for not betting the river was that essentially the only hand in the (very narrow) range I put him on I beat is JJ. (Did I put him on a way too narrow range of cards?) So when I bet the river here I'll get called by JJ, but thats the only hand I beat. I was very insecure about my equity at this point, so I chickened out.
What if I bet and get raised? Can I find a fold?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you what you're saying is "cap the flop" and keep on raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you cap the flop and he still leads a relatively blank turn you don't need to raise anymore. you're in a thin spot.