Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Best hip-hop/rap albums?

seen a lot of underground stuff mentioned but I dont think anyones said anything about pharoah monche (sp?) Also the label he (was?) signed to, rawkus records, has a few compilations titled soundbombing 1,2,3 ect.. and they have always been consistent.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:12 PM

some other [censored] that just popped into my head, if you feel like listening to some sick funny stuff necro is the man. And his brother ill bill is in that group non phixion which has some good cuts.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:15 PM

dont think anyones mentioned jedi mind tricks either. I think heavenly divine was my crews anthem around the middle of highschool.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Slick Rick? LOLZ are you into comedy rap?

PS ANY Public enemy FTW is prob the sanest thing said in this thread.
PPS Noone mentioned cyprus hill?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am (was) into anything that doesn't take itself TOO seriously. At the end of the day it's grown men rhyming words, so, hey. Why do you think De La Soul and Tribe called Quest et al revolutionized the game? Have you ever seen the 'me myslef and I' video?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do admit De la Soul was quite gooot! But they was less comedy and more a "laid back" approach in the time of angst rap.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:41 PM

Lil Wayne Tha Carter Volume II, hands down best rap album. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lil Wayne Tha Carter Volume II, hands down best rap album. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, is Nikatina some kind of running joke thing or do people really like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, people seriously like him out here in the bay area and west coast.

Also, I forgot about the greatest song ever to get high to. Afroman - colt 45

Edit: BTW, what's so funny about Nickatina? Even if you don't think he's a good rapper I still don't see the humor.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 AM

BEST [censored] ALBUM IN THREAD.

CunninLynguists - A Piece Of Strange
Old 01-31-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is bizarre, though I never was a big NWA fan. After you get past the shock value, a la Two Live Crew, it's pretty boring in every aspect.

Any Public Enemy ftw obv.

But, 'Chronic 2001'?!? Wtf srsrsly?

Pharcyde - Bizarre ride 2 the pharcyde
De la soul - 3 feet high and rising
Atmosphere - Overcast
BDP - Edutainment
BDP - By all means necessary
Slick Rick - Great adventures of Slick Rick
'Menace 2 Society' soundtrack
Eminem's first album

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be old.

i mean some of those are classics, but pretty much of all of them sound, well, dated. I mean, of all the Atmosphere albums, you picked Overcast? Slick Rick is great though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 28 so you tell me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But aye, you guys sound young, and that's kinda the point.

Why would I mention something that's already been mentioned, and listened to, when I could possibly bring up something that some of you have never heard or even heard OF?

In terms of sounding dated, sure, but a good sketchy recording is better than a slick piece of [censored] any day of the week. 36 chambers was mentioned a few times and that's ALWAYS sounded like an absolute piece of [censored], production-wise.

As far as 'overcast' is concerned, it has, on the original vinyl, 'scapegoat' and 'god's bathroom floor'. End of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, I have no problem with the older stuff, I like Eric B and Rakim quite a bit and I certainly like LL Cool J from his earlier days more than now, etc. etc., its just that you sound shocked and appalled that anyone likes rap from post-1990. I will give you credit for your Eminem pick though, def his best work, I thought you meant Infinite when I first read it though which is kinda weak.

I mean I'll be the first to say that a ton of rap sucks these days, I'm not a big fan of most southern rap or the stuff on tv, and people actually like this Nikatina character which is astounding to me since he is retardedly bad by any stretch of my imagination. Like I can see how people like southern rap, old rap, commercial rap, but I can't see how someone is actually a fan of that garbage.

As far at Atmosphere, do you not like their new stuff? They are one of my favourites personally and I think they have only been getting better. You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having and Seven's Travels are excellent albums to me. With Overcast they were just forming their style, and though they've gotten slightly more accessible and Slug is less cryptic I don't think it's hurt them any like it might some bands.

Your attitude just seems snobbish music fan to me I guess, that's all, one of those guys that thinks everything past 'the golden years' is crap
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 AM

Wheres the eminem show and T.I. Urban Legends?