Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Ticket to Ride: Online

I've been playing this a lot recently and was wondering if anyone else here ever played.

For those that don't know Days of Wonder has an online version of their board game available on thier website. You can play for free with the only catch being that you can't create a game and I don't think it lets you see your ranking.

I know I've seen people recommend the board game to people here in the past so I figured at least a couple 2+2ers might play the online version. I play as nottom, so if you see me feel free to say hi.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Ticket to Ride: Online

I played this a lot a couple of years ago. Had a decent ranking while I was playing. At the time, my main strategy was to ditch the high-point route cards, and throw down 6-train legs as quickly as possible. The 6-train legs scored big points, and I was usually able to finish the game quickly while my opponent still hadn't finished his routes. I saw almost no one doing this at the time--don't know how play has evolved since then.

Great game. Are the expansion maps available for on-line play, or only the original U.S. map?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Ticket to Ride: Online

[ QUOTE ]

Great game. Are the expansion maps available for on-line play, or only the original U.S. map?

[/ QUOTE ]

The European map is available and runs pretty often. They also have Swiss map but it can only be started by someone who buys a copy of the TtR:Computer Game. I've only been able to join a game of it once.

Most decent players pretty much use the strategy you describe in a 2 player game. In a 4-player game, while the 6 drops are still a solid strategy, its usually hard to get enough of them to win without some decent tickets as well.