Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Easy bet/fold on the river?

Or check/call?

Button is somewhat tight and pretty straight foreward. Should I bet/3 bet this flop or is that part good?

I'm trying to improve my river play, is this an easy fold?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero
Old 01-07-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Easy bet/fold on the river?

Muck, well played
Old 01-07-2007, 03:17 PM

this is perfect as long as you fold the river.

next time, i recommend rivering something that is not the absolute worst card in the deck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 01-07-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

next time, i recommend rivering something that is not the absolute worst card in the deck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't seem to find the Doom Switch everybody is talking about in the Stars Lobby. Any ideas where that is hidden? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2007, 03:23 PM

It's not b/f vs. c/c, it's b/f vs. c/f.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not b/f vs. c/c, it's b/f vs. c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, with the counterfitted 2 pair, I'm sucking hind tit to AK AQ, chopping with AT down except A3. I think I would have been notified by a raise if he had a better A.

Not to mention the obvious flush.

Check/fold though? I'm not sure about that.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:29 PM

What are your reads on the button? How many times has he raised when you attempted to steal?

The pre-flop raise is fine. I would probably lead the flop just because I raised and I went him to think that I have ace (which you do). I am not sure your hand is strong enough to check-raise and you also could find out perhaps some more information on the turn. You also give him a chance to fold if he does not like it and was just re-stealing before the flop.

The river is a disastrous card. It counterfeits your two pair and if he was hanging around with a single spade then he just made the flush. As played, I fold to the river raise. I am not sure whether you should lead out or not in that situation. Your hand is significantly weakened but you like to protect against a bluff.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:36 PM

If you check and he bets, he nearly always has a spade, or he had an Ax hand that decided you didn't have a flush when you checked the river. I don't think he's bluffing the river ever, simply because every hand that would be able to bluff would have folded by now (I think red QQ checks behind).
Old 01-07-2007, 03:40 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I check/call the river. Might be weak, but I'd rather see the showdown, your hand was just counterfeited and you might be splitting.

As played, i'd fold. If he's straight forward like you said, he played the hand as if he was chasing that last spade. Bet/call the flop means "Im going to semibluff since Im in position, but now I have to call the c/r because I still have my draw." Turn call confirms this, as does river raise.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:58 PM

grunch

that 3 is a brutal card as it counterfeits your two pair. if villain is holding AK-AQ then you're beat or if villain was holding a big pair with any spade then he's raising this as well. i hate folding but that seems to be the right line.