Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Netflix and I broke up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude. That's capitalism. Why would you have loyalty to an inferior product?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is value in the essence of an entity that created a new medium of distributing videos right to our front door that makes us feel that the entity deserves loyalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eff that and all that other No Logo crap. I'm PRO LOGO all the way. It's all about who can offer me the same (or better) product at a cheaper price. Naomi Klein can kiss my ass.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys suck. netflix is one of the only things the USA has going for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

What level is this?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is value in the essence of an entity that created a new medium of distributing videos right to our front door that makes us feel that the entity deserves loyalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eff that and all that other No Logo crap. I'm PRO LOGO all the way. It's all about who can offer me the same (or better) product at a cheaper price. Naomi Klein can kiss my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 PM

Hasn't blockbuster always been cheaper and with free in-store rentals?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 PM

also, doesn't blockbuster censor some movies? are the ones you get online different then in store?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Product quality can mean different things to different people. Take for an example organic foods. You go to Whole Foods and there are these short stories that describe where your food comes from such as "the steer lived in a plant-diverse, high-mountain meadows to thick aspen groves and miles of sagebrush-filled flats."
Old 01-05-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Product quality can mean different things to different people. Take for an example organic foods. You go to Whole Foods and there are these short stories that describe where your food comes from such as "the steer lived in a plant-diverse, high-mountain meadows to thick aspen groves and miles of sagebrush-filled flats."

[/ QUOTE ]

They should continue the short story to the last few days of his life. It really needs a climax. (I eat meat. Just saying.)
Old 01-05-2007, 08:59 PM

So what does that have to do with product quality? Maybe if I wanted to pay a premium for artichokes with an anecdote I would buy them. But even so, you're talking about different products (organic vs. non-organic). Netflix and Blockbuster offer the exact same product - so the sole factor influencing my decision is cost. I don't get your argument at all.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:39 PM

i am sticking w/ netflix, but i'm pissed about how they take like 3-4 days to get my dvd's now, after a one day turnaround when i first signed up. there is a damn center in my city too.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 PM

FWIW, I did blockbuster from about Oct-05 to Mar-06 or so. At that time they gave you 2 coupons for free in store rentals a month. I quit for a few reasons:
1) the speed of the mail service was mediocre, resulting in not as many rentals/month as I had hoped for.
2) I received broken or scratched disks a number of occassions. Once, I got a cracked disk, sent it back, and the replacement took forever. When it finally did, it was the same exact cracked disk.
3) The customer service is non-existent. Emails & complaint forms went unanswered.
4) Some titles never make it out of your queue. Don't bother trying to get a new release right away.

Maybe I just had a bad experience. It was decent at first, made it through Sopranos, 24, and had movies on hand. But in the end I wasn't too satisfied. Your results may vary.

One trick though: if you try to cancel after a little while, they will offer you a price break.