Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 06:21 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues
Default Re: proper way to play AA

sorry about the post. i thought the hand converter would have taken care of that.

1 more question. what kind of hands to you reraise 22+ with? i am asking because doesn't that scream AA, allowing him to fold? i find myself just calling his raise with AK, rather than reraising, so i definitely think my play here is too weak and i need some advice
Old 12-22-2006, 06:25 PM

btw, here is another AA hand. not a capped hand. looks ok?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $257.70
CO: $104
Button: $197
SB: $197.50
Hero: $250

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $7</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $22</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $45</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $175</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($395, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $395)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($395, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $395)

Results:
Final pot: $395
Old 12-22-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry about the post. i thought the hand converter would have taken care of that.

1 more question. what kind of hands to you reraise 22+ with? i am asking because doesn't that scream AA, allowing him to fold? i find myself just calling his raise with AK, rather than reraising, so i definitely think my play here is too weak and i need some advice

[/ QUOTE ]

In a cap game, I am popping to 22 with AA-JJ, AK, maybe AQ. You should be very happy getting AK AI preflop for 30BB.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:43 PM

On this latest hand - hard to say without a read on the villain, but I probably play it just like this.

I doubt he calling your re-raise with 9T so it's unlikely he has 2 pair - bet he's drawing or has an overpair, I think a call here is good.

Out of curiosity, did he have QQ and river a set?

AB
Old 12-22-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraise to that amount with whatever I am reraising. Vs that type of villain that includes at least TT+, AJs+, etc. When reraising in general it's important to make it incorrect for villain to call with hands like 87s and 22, you need to price them out (then its +ev for you whether they call or fold). Vs this type of villain there is also just a lot of value in reraising large, and frequently, because they are going to call very often with worse hands. It also makes postflop easier to play.

A 45/28 is openraising virtually anything, A3o, 65o, K8s, 22, 86s, etc. Hands like AK and TT are absolute monsters vs these guys, don't be shy about getting money in as a big favourite preflop, and if villain is opening 30% of hands and then often folding to your reraises, then you can start reraising even more.

Second AA hand looks okish btw but I'm still reraising more like 7 with 20 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2006, 08:09 PM

Std, Std.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On this latest hand - hard to say without a read on the villain, but I probably play it just like this.

I doubt he calling your re-raise with 9T so it's unlikely he has 2 pair - bet he's drawing or has an overpair, I think a call here is good.

Out of curiosity, did he have QQ and river a set?

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

87 of clubs. rivered the bd flush.

i started thinking about it, and earlier in the session i flopped a set of sixes and busted AA like that, so i am thinking whether my play was any good