FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Pizza Delivery Tip

[ QUOTE ]
Give the guy the $20.It's Christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2006, 10:01 PM

dude youre a db in this thread. the guy delivers pizzas he's hapless as they come. help him out. tell him give me 2 back or 3 back or whatever youre going to do. dont make him countout the change awkwardly, dont even make him ask, just let him get onto the next delivery. grow up be civil and let's do this pizza thing right from here on out please.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:02 PM

Putting orders on a card is probably the KISS answer.

It also avoids many of the cash scams, which few really know about. You just have to realize it's worth it for these guys to hustle the $1 or $2 extra on each delivery. Adds up enormously.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM

Tip - if you do put it on your card, always fill out the tip AND total line, and make sure your math adds up correctly. This ensures you're only charged the amount you intended to tip, and that the driver doesn't fill in his own tip. Also, make sure it's legible so the manager doesn't have to guess what you wrote at 2 a.m.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every pizza I delivered I did it with the attitude I wasnt getting a tip. So I would never ask "do you want change?" or "how much change do you want?" or any of that crap. They paid, I gave them the change, and id turn around and start to leave. If they handed me anything I said thank you like I would say it if I wasnt expecting to get anything. I pretty much always made more in tips than the other drivers who did the "standard" routine you got. And I think my attitude was why. Not saying I wasnt above tricks like the dirty dollar and what not, but even when I was doing them I still carried the attitude that I didnt expect a tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would you actually give them $4.74 back (in this case, with a $15.26 order) if they didn't ask for an amount back when handing your the bill? I'm not saying it's wrong or right or whatever, just seems tedious to be pulling out change all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno why people think its tedious to count out change, it takes all of like 5 seconds. And anyway, the people who tipped never let me get that far anyway, theyd be like "just keep it" "or "just give me back $2" when I strated to count out their change. And the people who werent gunna tip are the people who are gunna make me count it out anyway.

Id honestly rather get a $0 tip than a .74 cent tip, so even if I coulda made a bit more by being like "do you want your change", or acting like id have to go back to my car to get the loose change (which is a common "trick" among drivers. some even say they have to do this for any change back) or whatever, I still would have rather done it my way.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:39 PM

lol @ liberal card counter who bashes Bush all the time trying to justify his incredibly cheap tipping of a pizza delivery guy, a member of the working class.

what a doofus and a loser.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ liberal card counter who bashes Bush all the time trying to justify his incredibly cheap tipping of a pizza delivery guy, a member of the working class.

[/ QUOTE ]

dork, work on your reading comprehension. Nothing wrong with tipping the pizza guy. I always tip the pizza guy.

I object to getting a pointless hustle for the tip and/or some one not knowing how to perform a simple task that is supposed to be their job.

I should have ran the old "got change for a $20" quick change scam on the minor league hustler, and then told him welcome to the major leagues.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dork, work on your reading comprehension. Nothing wrong with tipping the pizza guy. I always tip the pizza guy.

I object to getting a pointless hustle for the tip and/or some one not knowing how to perform a simple task that is supposed to be their job.

I should have ran the old "got change for a $20" quick change scam on the minor league hustler, and then told him welcome to the major leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have told him to keep the change. some liberal you are.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I order some pizza for delivery.
The total is like $15.26

The pizza delivery guy comes to the door,
I give him a $20.

Pizza Guy: "Do you want change?"
Me (thinking): Yeah, I'm not going to tip you like $5 on a $15 order, dipwad"
Me (speaking): Yes

Pizza Guy: "How much change do you want?"
Me (thinking): HOW MUCH CHANGE DO I WANT? WTF!!!! UHHH, HOW ABOUT THE CORRECT AMOUNT? OR MAYBE FORGET THE ODD CENTS AND GIVE ME $4, AND THEN I WILL DECIDE WHAT, IF ANY, TIP YOU GET.

So what do you say to the how much change do you want question?

Cliff notes: I'm a broke nit

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. and exactly, i can't belive how cheap alot of you guys are. its good karma to tip. starting tipping and maybe you will start winning your coinflips.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should have told him to keep the change. some liberal you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree liberals are big balla playas. Cons are nitty tight non-tippers, who spend most of the day trying to figure out how to steal the gold out of Grandma's teeth.