Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 02:40 AM

Default River bet.

Opponent seems competent. Good bluff on the river?

HOSE - 7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.40 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.40 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

River - (4.40 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (4.40 BB)
Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 AM

Default Re: River bet.

Atrocious. When did you finally realize you are crushed? Give up on 5th street, some might even say check 4th but I'm ok with a bet there.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Atrocious. When did you finally realize you are crushed? Give up on 5th street, some might even say check 4th but I'm ok with a bet there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a steal? I didn't think I had the best hand after he called on 3rd street.

Can you explain why I should give up on 5th street? Most decent players will release small pairs if they don't improve on 5th street when I catch 2 semi-threatening cards and they catch total blanks.

Also, I'm clearly not 'crushed' at any point in this hand.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm clearly not 'crushed' at any point in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are crushed when your steal fails and he calls on 4th street. If your overcards don't pair on 5th your finished dude, call it a day. The time to bluff is on the cheep streets, if the steal fails you should quit the hand.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:04 PM

Folding third can't be far wrong. Giving up on fourth can't be far wrong. Having bet fourth, I think you have to bet fifth. Once he's called there, it looks like you're going to a showdown, so I think sixth and seventh are fine.

If this hand gets shown down, I would tighten up some and expect my real hands to get paid off for a while.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding third can't be far wrong. Giving up on fourth can't be far wrong. Having bet fourth, I think you have to bet fifth. Once he's called there, it looks like you're going to a showdown, so I think sixth and seventh are fine.

If this hand gets shown down, I would tighten up some and expect my real hands to get paid off for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually fold 3rd, but I saw that the T had a dead doorcard, and I occasionally like to get aggressive with marginal / weak holdings to avoid being easily readable. I'd also had several beers.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:03 PM

u obviously thought u had a decent chance of stealin the antes, otherwise u wouldn't have tried! so even despite the lowish ante structure, i think it's fine to have a go on 3rd.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:08 PM

There's no reason to play this hand in this position.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no reason to play this hand in this position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in late position with semi-dead doorcards left to act, and wanted the money in the pot added to my account.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:28 PM

Drinking and gambling are two of my favorite activities, but I have found that they just don't mix. I seem to feel the need to demonstrate this to myself rather forcibly once in a while.

Five days 'til Vegas!