Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 07:57 AM

Default Missing set value?

Am I missing set value or just missing the point?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) DanoMak is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, DanoMak calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, DanoMak...

I know I miss a ton of value in a bunch of my hands, and I want to see if this is one of those places. Against a large field, we are playing 66 for set value. Is it correct to 3-bet this when it comes back to us?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Missing set value?

You'll win very often if you spike a set but here you'll win around 0% UI. You hit a set 1 times in 8.5 but you're putting in 1/7 of the money. I wouldn't 3-bet this.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:02 AM

Your odds for flopping a set are 7.5:1 against, so to make it a value bet on your current pot equity you need 8 other people in the pot.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll win very often if you spike a set but here you'll win around 0% UI. You hit a set 1 times in 8.5 but you're putting in 1/7 of the money. I wouldn't 3-bet this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple enough... I think looking over this hand I was over-complicating things with implied odds, etc. and should have just been happy with how I played it. Thanks guys.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:11 AM

Call. There aren't really any situations in the micros where you should fold for one bet after you put money in pre-flop on purpose. This doesn't apply in the blinds or posting.

Editied to say. Holy Crap, I need to read the little bits after the hand more. 3-bet? WTF? Why would you do that? Do you have reads that villain raises light with limpers? Do you want to call a flop bet with a 1:22 chance of hitting your set if you miss the flop? Call and c/f the flop unless it is all under 6.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:22 AM

3-bet? UTG+1? Uh-uh...

A lot of my lines have been criticized (perhaps rightfully so) as too conservative...but I think I might have this one right.

You only have one more player to act after you call here and chances are good he'll also call. 3-betting makes no sense here. If you 3-bet and MP2 has a hand (he says he does, he raised after 3 limpers and with 5 people to act behind him) it's going to get capped...if it gets capped, you will probably lose the donaters that will pay you when you hit your set (maybe not but you should) plus you will pay another bet for a hand that in all likelihood we are folding after the flop. You have a pair of sixes. When I get a PP like that I'm not thinking, "Mmmmm you guys are gonna pay now!" it's more along the lines of, "Where am I? How many people can I expect to see this flop? C'mon 6!"

So yes, we are playing this PP for set value...no, we are not three betting this under most circumstances.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. There aren't really any situations in the micros where you should fold for one bet after you put money in pre-flop on purpose. This doesn't apply in the blinds or posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the OP pondered over 3-betting rather than folding.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the OP pondered over 3-betting rather than folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the coffee kicked in and I updated my original. But really, why would someone do that? LRR 66 that is.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:39 AM

TILT and RAISE [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2006, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TILT and RAISE [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
But then you should have brains enough to flop quads.