Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Last 3+1 thread of the 2005 season

Last reminder for this season- any suggestions for "3+1 NFL Challenge" changes that you want to archive for consideration in the fall, post them here:

2005 results thread- post suggestions for 2006

<font color="blue">MCS</font> made this comment:
<font color="green">I do sorta like the structured aspect (as opposed to letting people make their own numbers), because otherwise you'll get crazy get-even type picks when people start falling behind, which I think it would be nice to avoid.</font>

In the format suggestion I posted, the biggest bet that could be made on one choice was $700. Does anyone else have a thought one way or another?

I will bring this all up again next preseason, but while it's fresh in our minds.... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Two other things:
1) Thanks to <font color="green">tech's </font> FAQ, I went back and read some of the pre-season trash talking- pretty funny now, given the results. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If I had read that when handing out awards, I might have made a <font color="maroon">"2005 3+1 Goat of the Year" </font> award battle between:
20Five (who bailed again this year) [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and
Guernica4000, who seemed so enthusiastic about it, then didn't post picks at all! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

2) I'm going to try to consolidate records for each capper, from 2004 and 2005. If you changed your handle between seasons, send me a PM

<font color="gray"> The format from 2003 was too radically different to include in those totals (ties were losses, losses didn't subtract points), plus we started 1/3 of the way in and I didn't keep individual win/loss records. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Last 3+1 thread of the 2005 season

In case someone takes over the 3+1 franchise. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]