Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Buy PRTY?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PRTY has value near 80p if the legislation goes through.

[/ QUOTE ]
Care to share the math with us?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's way over my head, but it's from what I've read.

Also: I'm going to be tracking users on party over Q3, but considering this freeroll they have set up, revenues should skyrocket for Q3, and likely to see the stock take a big jump during Q3 earnings reports. I'm not normally someone who trades for the shortterm, but this might be a spot I like. Depends how dumb other investors are.

ps: the 15% return since I bought is also nice.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:35 AM

I have no idea how the legislation will affect the Party stock, so I like stocks with less exposure to the US market.

This is a post I posted Friday in the "Buy Neteller?" thread:

"I'm not sure about Neteller, I think it is very risky. The exposure to the American market is very huge.

But I also thought the market may be overreacting to the bad newsflow, and I bought Cryptologic stocks today at the opening bell. The reasons:

65% of revenues comed from markets outside USA (so they will not be as affected as the other gambling companies, but the stock has been dumped just like the Party stock).

Estimated Price/Earnings (2006) is around 9.

Party reported 49% revenue growth, thus indicating still strong growth in the overall poker market.

Crypto has no debt and over 8 dollar per share in cash (compared with a stock price of 19)

Quarterly divident at 0.12 dollar.

Strong growth in the company earnings and revenues.

Risk factors:
Falling down with the other gambling stocks due to US legislation (even though CRYP don't have the same exposure).

Since the company is big outside the US market, they may have been affected by World Cup fever (thus players dont play as much as usual - even as a small affiliate I can see the numbers were down on important World Cup days).

Their business model is very vulnerable as their most important partners (Will Hill) may demand better terms to stay with Cryptologic. "
Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's way over my head, but it's from what I've read.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]