Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 10:13 PM

Default PL $25...posted in CO and caught a hand

Just posted, so no reads. My kids were eating supper, too, so I wasn't really paying any attention, anyway, hence my inane preflop call...just ignore that part.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $11.70
UTG+1: $24.85
MP1: $23.20
MP2: $17.80
Hero: $25
Button: $24.05
SB: $26.90
BB: $25

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $0.5</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.5, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $16.6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $24.5</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $20.1</font>, SB calls.

That's far enough. Am I right to do this? I figured to probably be up against a flush draw from at least one of them and A2xx from both of them, but an ace would give me a good low unless one of them is holding, specifically, A5xx, and the chances of my high straight getting counterfeited are slim to none.

Anyway, opinions? Spewful or proper?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Re: PL $25...posted in CO and caught a hand

Bad call.

First of all, you have to forget abouth winning the low. With one guy re-raising you and another guy re-raising all-in, it's very likely at least one of them has A5.

What does that mean? That means you're going all-in of $25 so you can win $37.5. You're risking $25 to win $12.5 (assuming no one else has 5-6 like you and a diamond doesn't fall by the turn or river).

Do the numbers, that is a bad call. Just wait for better opportunities.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of what I figured. Ok, what about the initial PSB on the flop. Good, or should I just have been giving it up from the get-go?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM

I am new to O8, but the pot size raise is terrible. It doesn't matter to have the nut high on the flop, you'll be outdrawn by the river. Omaha is a drawing game. each opponent has outs vs you so if you add them there is not many blanks left in the deck and there is still 2 streets to come.

Your low is very unlikely good. You can still call the first bet to see if there is any action and fold to the raise on the flop. But my guess is that you should not call prf and not call on the flop either on a raised pot with low cards showing and a flush draw out there.