Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: barf--AKo flops flush draw in reraised pot

if he shoves all combos of JJ-AA then you should call because you have enough equity (poker stove).

*note I suck at NL, but seeing the first guys post saying villain is representing JJ-AA and thus it is a clear fold seems contradictory.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:13 PM

Hobbs, you should DEFINATELY NOT call because of that, do you realize how many other hands BESIDES those few he is having in this spot? Come man, you're thinking of those hands, and those hands ALONE.

Etizzle: Depends very much on how often you would fire a second barrel (a push) on a blank turn, in a vacuum he would of course be much more likely to just call red AA and push black ones, but that would of course be very transparent and not very much in line w/ the rest of his hands/actions, and thus exploitable. I think he will often just shove both.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hobbs, you should DEFINATELY NOT call because of that, do you realize how many other hands BESIDES those few he is having in this spot? Come man, you're thinking of those hands, and those hands ALONE.

Etizzle: Depends very much on how often you would fire a second barrel (a push) on a blank turn, in a vacuum he would of course be much more likely to just call red AA and push black ones, but that would of course be very transparent and not very much in line w/ the rest of his hands/actions, and thus exploitable. I think he will often just shove both.

[/ QUOTE ]

We dont really have enough history for him to know what i would do (edit: with regard to shoving on the turn)

In regards to your response to Hobbs, what other hands should he be considering? Do you think he just mucks QQ to the flop bet? He might have Ad Qd but thats the only real hand that has us in a lot of trouble that wasn't part of the range he considered for his pokerstove sim (if i understand correctly).

I think he folds hands like Ad Jx, Ad 8x etc preflop.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 PM

according to your read of what he calls your pf reraise with these are the only real hands he could be pushing with:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

34,650 games 0.078 secs 444,230 games/sec

Board: Jd 8d 6d
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 40.9091 % 40.91% 00.00% { AcKd }
Hand 2: 59.0909 % 59.09% 00.00% { 88+, 66, AJs }

---

if you only think hed push 99-TT on this board if he had a diamond then youre equity goes down 3%. if you think he could have AdQx then your equity remains the same.

if you add in a ton of other hands he could have that shouldnt of called a pf reraise like AJo then youre equity should go up even higher.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:45 PM

against swedenshero this is def a fold unless he has some reason to be calling you light pf