Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Moonshine?

Wonderful response, thanks for making my thread not suck as bad as it was supposed to!!!!

Much Love

Cam
Old 06-29-2006, 11:21 AM

Not that anyone here knows, but anything is possible on 2+2, but exactly how do you get a legal distillery license in the U.S.?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 AM

smoore

nh.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that anyone here knows, but anything is possible on 2+2, but exactly how do you get a legal distillery license in the U.S.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know for certain but it's basiaclly controlled by the same people that issue brewery permits in your state. There are some micro distilleries operating in the US now, I think some of the product will be on the market within a year or two. IIRC the trend started about 4 years ago.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:22 AM

Actually, now that you mention it, we are seeing some of them show up out of California. They make some amazing stuff.

These guys have been around for 20 years, but they're still a micro-distillery. Good stuff.

Domaine Charbay

It'll be interesting to see what more micros can come up with.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, cool story. About 30 miles from here, the biggest still in this part of the country ever busted was found. The proprietor was using 20,000 pounds of sugar a week, now that is some alcohol! Interestingly enough, he was a resident of Franklin County, famous for the song, "Franklin County Moonshine".

Thanks for the info fellas

Peace

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]

I just recently moved away from Franklin county, Henry to be exact. Where you at? also, I consumed a sht load of local Blueberry, strawberry, apple, and some super tasty pineapple and my brain/liver are still running at over 20%.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:06 AM

There's an article on distilling in the July issue of GQ (page 112).
Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, cool story. About 30 miles from here, the biggest still in this part of the country ever busted was found. The proprietor was using 20,000 pounds of sugar a week, now that is some alcohol! Interestingly enough, he was a resident of Franklin County, famous for the song, "Franklin County Moonshine".

Thanks for the info fellas

Peace

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]

I just recently moved away from Franklin county, Henry to be exact. Where you at? also, I consumed a sht load of local Blueberry, strawberry, apple, and some super tasty pineapple and my brain/liver are still running at over 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't live in Franklin, but I am there more often than I care to admit. I live in Botetourt, just as hillbilly, all Confederate flags and Christmas lights.The still I was talking about was found in Penhook. Where did you move to? Is it better? Why?

Ignore whichever questions you wish

Much Love

Cam
Old 07-08-2006, 06:35 PM

My boss lived in Penhook, total douche. Anyways i moved back to the Detroit area. Detroit to Vegas to Henry back to Detroit in 5 years. Strange and useless journey [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's not really any better or worse. Less fresh air (and moonshine) but you can get a pizza delivered.