Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 02:51 AM

Default A9o how did I do here?

Now running a nice 110 BB Downswing over last 2k, quite the beating, but I suppose I'll just have to grin and bear it and keep god damned posting. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I never limp A9o, but this table is seriously god damned insane, but villain ended up being a TAG... [censored] it.
Should I have paid off the stopngo here? I figured a raise is pointless because it shows down the hand for the same amount.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 05-19-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: A9o how did I do here?

A9o is trash in my book. Muck.

River and consequently the turn are tough. He could have a Q and just doesn't care about checkraising, or he could have a weaker 9 and thinks you just want a free card for your flush draw. Given that he's a TAG I think a calldown is okay.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:42 AM

raise or fold preflop... VERY heavily leaning towards fold

postflop doesnt make sense so i call down
Old 05-19-2006, 07:37 AM

Apparently SB had Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] X [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something, but his play isn't easy to figure out, especially with no real read.

The turn donkbet is so weird, in general, that I guess I pay off too, hoping for pocket 4's or something.

It could be a strange slowplay, it could be some random queen (AQ?), but I think about JT on the turn and thus find an excuse to call.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:01 AM

Why did you deviate from your 'never limp A9o' policy here'?

Limping it with two players limping ahead of you and both blinds to act behind you puts you in a difficult spot - you're in a big field facing a wide range of possible hands: exactly the worst conditions for a marginal holding like A9o.

If I have one loose-passive limper ahead of me and some tight players behind me, I might raise A9o from MP3 to isolate the fish.

However in a big field of limpers, limping A9o is a liability.

But you know this already.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:06 AM

Preflop, your A9o over-overlimp would be better, but still not great, on the Button, by the way.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured a raise is pointless because it shows down the hand for the same amount.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you spike an A on the river and you want to bet out. I'd just fold the turn though. Even if you catch an ace you can still be losing to 99, 33, 77, so you don't even have 5 outs.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never limp A9o, but this table is seriously god damned insane,

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to fold preflop IMO

I think you can probably fold the turn. (edited to say though if table is playing crazy then probably I would call down.)