Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 02:38 AM

Default Hmmm ATs hand

Hand might or might not be fun. Guy has ~5 big ones to start the hand. Nothing remarkable so far though has open limped a few times. Hero is drunk and very tricky.

Party Poker 2/4 6-max (6 players)

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the Big Blind

2 folds, dude raises in the CO, 2 folds and hero calls.

Flop (4.5 SB): J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, dude bets and hero raises. Dude 3-bets and hero calls.

Turn (5.25 BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, dude bets and hero raises. Dude moves in for another $1.50 (so $5.50 total) and hero calls. Final pot is 10 BB.

Good? Terrible? Meh?

Brad

Edit - What if the guy had some more money in front of him. Does that change anything?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Hmmm ATs hand

wow is A high the nuts in limit?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:49 AM

Well if you feel the guy is stacking and you have the best of it then it doesn't really matter what you do. Still you're probably only losing to the two Jerks and you've got odds against pocket pairs so what the hell, gambol.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if you feel the guy is stacking and you have the best of it then it doesn't really matter what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's calling the river, it's better for Brad to get his money in on the turn.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:56 AM

what is the purpose of the check raise on the flop? Short stacks usually dont fold and I am not sure this is for value.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:52 AM

I like it.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:56 AM

I don't think that this hand is all that interesting. What I do think is interesting is what I should do when the villian has a few more bets behind. I wonder if check/raising the turn is the correct play in that spot as well. Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that this hand is all that interesting. What I do think is interesting is what I should do when the villian has a few more bets behind. I wonder if check/raising the turn is the correct play in that spot as well. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's prone to openlimping late and is now raising with a good stack then he more than likely actually has a hand, much the same way we on the flop don't. I wouldn't have seen the turn.

If we had checkraised the flop anyway I still don't think I'd like a checkraise on the turn; the only thing I see it accomplishing is an attempt to fold KK/QQ but we'd need terribly explicit read on the guy for it to be worth 2BB, especially when we have nine outs against those hands anyway.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Changes too much depending on villian.

Against standard Party 2/4 6max villian, most aren't releasing any hand they're willing to 3bet this flop with and then bet the turn with. Your hand is a dog when they do this too.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:06 AM

You guys do a great job of making me feel like a total moron. This hand is real tough for me to comprehend. So how bout I take a shot at the whys and you guys set me straight. This is a possible steal so you c/r the flop cause you might have the best hand and you might get a better A to fold or MAYBE a PP lower than a J, am I close here? Then the turn c/r is pretty much value? I mean A high is gonna be pretty good here, no? Maybe you'll get a better hand to fold, but I really doubt that. So am I reading this hand correctly?