Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 03:56 PM

Default 9Ts in MP

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB

Did i play this hand right?
I think the PF call may have been marginal but I have to think that I am ahead on the Flop and raise there correct?
Do I consider 3 betting the turn?

Thanks,
-earck
Old 04-25-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Re: 9Ts in MP

I think you played this hand perfectly

BB prolly has TT JJ and waited for the turn to raise you and then got scared off of betting the river when the Queen came.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:20 PM

What's the point of your flop raise? Having done that, I think you can safely fold when BB c/r's the turn and UTG+1 cold-calls it.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:28 PM

Flop rasie is strange. its unlikely your going to get anyone to fold since they have already placed 1 bet.

As bozlaz said think i'm folding on the turn. Even if the check raise dosen't worry you utg+1 cold calling 2 bets should.

River at least you took the free showdown
Old 04-25-2006, 04:31 PM

Not even sure if I'd call even if UTG+1 folded. This smells of an overpair and the T's aren't outs.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:41 PM

Can I ask why T's aren't outs. Except if villan has pocket T's. Because if has over pair I.e JJ's + surely his T's are over pairs to make 2 pair ??
Old 04-25-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask why T's aren't outs. Except if villan has pocket T's. Because if has over pair I.e JJ's + surely his T's are over pairs to make 2 pair ??

[/ QUOTE ]
You must have a few beers in you as you stated in an earlier post... the tens are not outs because there are two 5's on the board and any overpair beats ur 2 pair of 10's and 9's with an overpair and 5's
Old 04-25-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of your flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I first responded to this post i thought it was 3 players to the flop... I was thinking that if BB has overcards like AK,AKs,AQs he is likely continuation betting this flop into the field. I realize this is less likely with four players to the flop, but I guarantee there are still a good amount of .25/.5 limit players that would bet AK on this flop into a field of 4 players.

So anyway, in your opinion is raising this flop if only 3 players see the flop ok? or is it something you want to stay away from?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So anyway, in your opinion is raising this flop if only 3 players see the flop ok? or is it something you want to stay away from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not raising this flop, period. You've got absolute position, anybody that's still in the hand has already called one bet and will likely call one if not two more; why reopen the betting when you've really only got 2 outs against much of a reasonable Vill's preflop raising range? You gonna fold to a 3-bet?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not raising this flop, period. You've got absolute position, anybody that's still in the hand has already called one bet and will likely call one if not two more; why reopen the betting when you've really only got 2 outs against much of a reasonable Vill's preflop raising range? You gonna fold to a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Two outs? Much of the reasonable range? What sort of hand range are you giving villain?