Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 08:39 PM

Default Rothbard on Egalitarianism

Egalitarianism and the Elites

I especially liked the refrences to Procrustus.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Rothbard on Egalitarianism

Interesting, although terrifying, article.

I sometimes wonder if there is even any point in trying to get through to people and attempt to help them understand how to work for their own benefit when it's just easier to instill irrational priorities in their heads and make them your slaves. The fact that people act toward percieved self-benefit is not as "noble" as equality or altruism or religion, but it is, nevertheless, the fundamental source of our action. If you can just construct it such that people believe they need YOU to accomplish equality or whatever is considered "right," they'll just surrender their power like the scum they are.

My question to the ACers is, would you really turn down the opportunity to be Big Brother if you could? Say "yes," and you're turning your back on the fundamentals of Austrian economics by not acting toward percieved self-benefit (unless you don't consider omnipotent, unlimited power to be in your best interests)
Old 04-21-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, although terrifying, article.

I sometimes wonder if there is even any point in trying to get through to people and attempt to help them understand how to work for their own benefit when it's just easier to instill irrational priorities in their heads and make them your slaves. The fact that people act toward percieved self-benefit is not as "noble" as equality or altruism or religion, but it is, nevertheless, the fundamental source of our action. If you can just construct it such that people believe they need YOU to accomplish equality or whatever is considered "right," they'll just surrender their power like the scum they are.

My question to the ACers is, would you really turn down the opportunity to be Big Brother if you could? Say "yes," and you're turning your back on the fundamentals of Austrian economics by not acting toward percieved self-benefit (unless you don't consider omnipotent, unlimited power to be in your best interests)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd find my work immoral. So any satisfaction I'd get from imposing my will on the world would be outweighed by my inability to reconcile my actions with my code.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd find my work immoral. So any satisfaction I'd get from imposing my will on the world would be outweighed by my inability to reconcile my actions with my code.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the sissy excuse [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A classic.

But I think it's Procrustes.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A classic.

But I think it's Procrustes.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're correct. I can't spell.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Rothbard guide

Choice observation :

[ QUOTE ]
The Bay Area of San Francisco is, by climate and topography, far closer to an earthly Paradise than ... West Virginia or Hoboken, New Jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-21-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Rothbard guide

Its funny this philosophy on egalitarianism is the exact same one expressed by Moorobot. In one of my replies to him I said something to the affect that he is either a complete idiot or using his philosophy as a means twoard an end of power. There are many power hungry individuals who possess no scruples, they will say anything to gain power, no matter how contradictory or absurd. It seems that the doctrine of egalitarianism has been the choice vehicle of those that seek power. It is also popular among your stupid pretentious pseduo-intellectual bleeding hearts. Your question is interesting, would I use this philosophy myself as a means to power? Well it depends on how fast an easy the ride this vehicle provides is, I would opt for another ride but if I I see a hot girl driving a fast car, I might be tempted to jump in.....In other words, it depends..
Old 04-21-2006, 03:16 PM

I'd be pretty pissed if this system were implemented.

I'm a 6'0 blonde haired, blue eyed, heterosexual, male, age 18-45, from the upper middle class...this system basically forces me into slavery [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its funny this philosophy on egalitarianism is the exact same one expressed by Moorobot. In one of my replies to him I said something to the affect that he is either a complete idiot or using his philosophy as a means twoard an end of power. There are many power hungry individuals who possess no scruples, they will say anything to gain power, no matter how contradictory or absurd. It seems that the doctrine of egalitarianism has been the choice vehicle of those that seek power. It is also popular among your stupid pretentious pseduo-intellectual bleeding hearts. Your question is interesting, would I use this philosophy myself as a means to power? Well it depends on how fast an easy the ride this vehicle provides is, I would opt for another ride but if I I see a hot girl driving a fast car, I might be tempted to jump in.....In other words, it depends..

[/ QUOTE ]
Moorobot wants power and wants to wield that power for his whims. Megalomaniac sounds about right.