Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Deepish 2pr + nut flush draw

Villian is a solid player hasn't got out of line. We havn't tangled in any largish pots except for this hand...question is this a clear turn/flop fold, as his actions scream set?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO ($1065.18)
Button ($205.90)
Hero ($926.89)
BB ($331.14)
UTG ($861.09)
MP ($613.71)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $15, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $50</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $35, UTG calls $35.

Turn: ($170) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $150</font>,
Old 04-18-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Deepish 2pr + nut flush draw

It looks like you are deep enough to 3 bet this flop and fold to a raise. It also looks like you might be deep enough to push him off bottom set, his most likely holding, but I doubt that. It sucks but I think the turn is a fold - your hand is pretty obviously a draw and you're not getting paid off on the river or getting immediate odds from the pot.

You've got three deep stacks in this hand - it appears that a check-raise is a better line than bet/call, as it will reveal how strong anyone is if they three-bet you.

Why not weak-lead the turn?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:26 PM

I think this is a call, mostly because if he has 44 (he should) 4 of your outs stack him. If he's got another set, you break even to nines and don't need to worry about sixes, so playing the hand on the river is fairly straightforward. Once in a while he'll even check behind with a semibluffing draw.

If you had 500 apiece, I think I could fold, though.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a call, mostly because if he has 44 (he should) 4 of your outs stack him. If he's got another set, you break even to nines and don't need to worry about sixes, so playing the hand on the river is fairly straightforward. Once in a while he'll even check behind with a semibluffing draw.

If you had 500 apiece, I think I could fold, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call and hit your flush, how do you play the river?

How about if you hit a boat?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:13 PM

A boat is easy, CR push it. If he happens to have something super donkeyish this time and decides to check behind, make a note and move on.

If you hit a flush, make whatever bet he'll call? I dunno, pot it.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A boat is easy, CR push it. If he happens to have something super donkeyish this time and decides to check behind, make a note and move on.

If you hit a flush, make whatever bet he'll call? I dunno, pot it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks adanthar.

if you were villain and had 44 and the river was a spade, what is the largest bet you would call?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like you are deep enough to 3 bet this flop and fold to a raise. It also looks like you might be deep enough to push him off bottom set, his most likely holding, but I doubt that. It sucks but I think the turn is a fold - your hand is pretty obviously a draw and you're not getting paid off on the river or getting immediate odds from the pot.

You've got three deep stacks in this hand - it appears that a check-raise is a better line than bet/call, as it will reveal how strong anyone is if they three-bet you.

Why not weak-lead the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is awful, every bit of it.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:16 PM

Why lead out on the flop? I don't see many better hands folding--probably just 77 and 88, if those. If anyone plays a big pot with you on this board, it's probably a set or a combo draw. A check-call keeps the pot managable, and if anyone looks weak on the turn you can steal then.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:24 PM

Vish-

Hero has enough outs, and stacks are deep enough, that he can feel comfortable building a pot. He isn't playing to get it all in on a flop, he will call a raise (as played) and hopefully take down a nice pot when an A/6/spade comes. The lead/call provides deception, both on this hand and in terms of his general play from EP.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:28 PM

call his flop raise. At this point, he could easily be on big draw or UTG may come along with flush draw as well. You're calling 35 to win 100/135 if UTG comes along, which hes likely to do. You have at least 9 possibly 14 outs, so its a clear call.

On turn, yeah it looks like set. But i call here for sure. You're getting better than 2 to 1 (3 to 1 if UTG comes along, and hes shown no sign hell c/r) for your slightly better than 3 to 1 shot with 13 outs.

Also, your implied odds are huge as UTG may be on flush draw or CO may pay off a bit with his set.