Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 02:58 AM

Default So What About Iran?

Sure seems like a military showdown is inevitable. Iran claims it is only enriching uranium for the generation of power. Just about everybody else says bull. Iran keeps threatening Israel and seems to want some kind of showdown with the U.S. Our leaders are apparently planning a bombing campaign and, while taking out Iran's supposed nuclear workshops, will also be trying for regime change.

Is there any way out of this impasse?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:02 AM

Default Re: So What About Iran?

Give the land controlled by Israel back to the Palestinians?
Old 04-17-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have read about 20 posts by this guy and I don't understand how a troll can have over 1200 posts
Old 04-17-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have read about 20 posts by this guy and I don't understand how a troll can have over 1200 posts

[/ QUOTE ]

Justbecause you dont understand something doesntmakeitwrong.

I'd wager that 95% of our problems in the middle east stem from the creation of Israel after WWII. If you want to make the problems go away then getting rid of Israel is a great start.

I imagine that this is not going to happen, but nevertheless if it did then many problems would disappear very quickly.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wager that 95% of our problems in the middle east stem from the creation of Israel after WWII. If you want to make the problems go away then getting rid of Israel is a great start.

I imagine that this is not going to happen, but nevertheless if it did then many problems would disappear very quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets make it simpler and just eliminate Religion and world wide peace would soon follow
Old 04-17-2006, 08:01 PM

These people are not compatible with a modern globalized world, they need to be delt with asap. The fact that they strap a bomb to themselves and end their life for an ideal shows how dangerous letting them get a nuclear bomb would be. They need to be delt with by any means......
Old 04-17-2006, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets make it simpler and just eliminate Religion and world wide peace would soon follow

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. If only those North Koreans would give up the religious fanaticism, then they'd be peaceful as well.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:38 AM

Default Dream

[ QUOTE ]
Lets make it simpler and just eliminate Religion and world wide peace would soon follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is the solution that would have the most radical and lasting effect, seeing as most countries in the region are founded on religious/theocratic grounds. Imagine a Saudi Arabia where Islam is not the official religion or an Israel that is as secular as the U.S.

...It's also the most impractical of all.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false.

All of the countries surrounding Israel view the Palestinian problem as an inconvenience and wish it would just go away as it causes internal problems.

T.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false.

All of the countries surrounding Israel view the Palestinian problem as an inconvenience and wish it would just go away as it causes internal problems.

T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, then why has Israel been attacked several times by its neighbors? Also why does AQ demand Israel be destroyed? OR how about the Iranians calling for Israel's destruction?

It doesnt seem like Palestine is the problem at all.