Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:33 PM

Default WSEX Hand Converter Utility (work in progress) *NSFW*

I just started work about an hour ago and I have the interface done and it's currently reading the WSEX files and creating the new files (currently empty), now it's just a matter of plugging in the "conversion" algorithm.

Here is a preview....

I doubt I get it finished totally tonight, but we'll see. I'm taking a break to go eat dinner soon.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: WSEX Hand Converter Utility (work in progress)

NSFW maybe? (not for me, but others)
Old 04-06-2006, 08:58 PM

Thank you for doing this. I think its strange that PTpat thinks its more important to make ipoker network compatible than wpx.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for doing this. I think its strange that PTpat thinks its more important to make ipoker network compatible than wpx.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called a business decision. I just logged in their at 9:25 EST and there are 1009 players. Noble has 2300+ and as well it's likely most of those players don't already own PT while those a WPEX most likely do. So what do you do in my situation? I've constantly added updates for new sites and never charged an upgrade fee. My NETeller email address is listed on my web site if you feel like donating.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's called a business decision. I just logged in their at 9:25 EST and there are 1009 players. Noble has 2300+ and as well it's likely most of those players don't already own PT while those a WPEX most likely do. So what do you do in my situation? I've constantly added updates for new sites and never charged an upgrade fee. My NETeller email address is listed on my web site if you feel like donating.

[/ QUOTE ]
PTWNED.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PTWNED.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-07-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You deserve to be compensated for new networks and updates. Have you considered making it like a 6month subscription or something.

(Pleasde don't flame me)
Old 04-07-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You deserve to be compensated for new networks and updates. Have you considered making it like a 6month subscription or something.

(Pleasde don't flame me)

[/ QUOTE ]
How about this:
(although I don't know how technically difficult/feasible it might be) to just have pokertracker itself include the "basic major networks, plus maybe like 1 or 2 additional networks of the users choosing at the time of purchase," and then charge, say, $5 or $10 per additional network a user wants to add, and as new networks come out and Pat does upgrades, users can pay to get to add the networks that they play at. Kind of like a la carte pricing.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would gladly pay additional money for these types of ugrades. I think its only fair that you be compensated for adding additional sites. Charge away!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:29 AM

Update: I'm stopping for the night. I have work tomorrow and am going to resume work tomorrow night. I anticipate finishing sometime Saturday afternoon/night. I want to make sure it's pretty good before I release it.

The only real thing I have to add is the showdown/hand reading logic. The interface, file I/O, and game structure logic is all there.

I plan on supporting limit and NL ring. It should be able to handle split pots as well (I don't know what level of complexity I'm going to go to with this, but a simple split pot between two players will be supported).

I still need: WSEX and Stars NL ring hands
Closed Thread