Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 08:19 AM

Default Affiliate bashing of WSEX

Well there is obviously a big effort by affiliates of Party and other sites to trash and burn WSEX. They are afraid that if their players switch to WSEX their gravy train will dry up. Everyone needs to keep this in mind when hearing all the hate talk some people who are afraid of losing income are doing to this site.

As to the people who say a no rake site can't work just because other sites haven't you have to see that this is a different model. The whole idea of making players pay a monthly fee or whatever in advance didn't work, but this is totally different. All the site has to do is collect all the rake, put it in the bank and make interest on it. At the end of the week they give the players all their rake back and they get to keep the interest. This is very simple and the site will make money doing this, not to mention the poker players who will sports bet and do other things.

And all of you affiliates bashing a site that will make no rake poker a reality just need to get a grip instead of posting nonsense to protect your massive incomes that are earned from poker players rake.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Affiliate bashing of WSEX

Sites earn interest/float on ALL monies on deposit not just the amount of rake they collect....The amount of interest/float earned on collected rake held for a week is just a reallocation of the money on deposit....Thus the increase in the site profits would be small and only the difference in the small portion of the money winning players would have withdrawn that is now held to the end of the week as a rake to be paid to players liability account on the sites books...
Very few people withdraw there entire balance daily...
Old 04-05-2006, 08:51 AM

If WSEX - poker is legit, it will be the best thing that has happened to online poker ever. That is why i would need massive evidence of cheating before i would say anything in public boards that might give them bad publicity.

There are also 3 other reasons why their business model has a good chance of succeeding (got these out of the other thread):
1. Lure people in to play poker, so that they'll use the sport betting services too.
2. Grow as big as possible as fast as possible, so that if the US market opens even more, they can get a big market share of those new players(see WTO - ruling).
3. Start refunding "only" 95 % of the rake back, after they have 100 times more players than nowdays.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If WSEX - poker is legit, it will be the best thing that has happened to online poker ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this intended to be an exaggeration?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not iq75, but NO MR. GREEDY AFFILIATE.

This is the best thing that has happened to online poker ever.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if they attract FISH it will be the best thing ever. if they dont, it will blow over in a week.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if they attract FISH it will be the best thing ever. if they dont, it will blow over in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of fish there now.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At 10 / 20 6 max the rake is earning about 7 to 8 BB / 100.
That's like having Schneids and Pauluka sitting at your table EVERYTIME you play!

There is no way that this game will be harder to make money at than a full raked game. Fish or no fish.

Not directed at anyone,
I've been there if you don't think there are any fish at these tables you may want to reexamine your game.

Yes you can tell if there are fish in 150 hands. (You just may not be able to beat them that quickly)
Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they draw in enought fish, it will be a very good thing for online poker, that's obvious.

But this "greatest thing to happen ever" stuff is pretty silly.

There's not way that WSEX is going to have as much impact as WPT and ESPN's WSOP coverage.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:32 PM

Oh, i forgot all about those. That's prolly because they have shown poker in here only 1/2 year, and only WPT and it's aired in small network at an ungodly hour.