Joachim Hansen/-145
Luiz Azeredo/+135

Murilo "Ninja" Rua/-191
Paulo Filho/+179

Denis Kang/-350
Mark Weir/+320

Akihiro Gono/-575
Dae Won Kim/+525

i always scoff at mma lines being greater than +300, but if you're going to put someone at -600 it might as well be hendo or gomi. im suprised to see mark weir as such a dog vs. denis kang (who, while being the local favorite for me he hasn't really impressed me in any of his pride matches). other than that doesn't seem like much of an edge anywhere.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: thoughts on pride fc lines?

on second thought
filho seems a good bet. shall bet on him and weir
Old 04-01-2006, 12:58 AM

I don't think Ninja is as good as people think. He gets too much respect because of the success his brother brought to the name and because he fights for Chute. Filho's odds opened at +208 and as you posted it is dropping to +178, so the sharp money is coming in on Filho. Just my observations.

Tuds
Old 04-01-2006, 03:52 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on Phil Baroni. From what I have seen the guy has some serious standup. Of course he doesn't look great on the ground and seems to have a reputation of not having great conditioning. But he has a cool nickname and acts like a toal jig. I have no idea who the guy he's fighting is, and I'm pretty dense when it comes to MMA, but I enjoy watching it a ton, and wouldn't mind making some small bets just for fun. And since I love Baroni's fights, I wonder what do you guys think about his moneyline?
Old 04-01-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any thoughts on Phil Baroni. From what I have seen the guy has some serious standup. Of course he doesn't look great on the ground and seems to have a reputation of not having great conditioning. But he has a cool nickname and acts like a toal jig. I have no idea who the guy he's fighting is, and I'm pretty dense when it comes to MMA, but I enjoy watching it a ton, and wouldn't mind making some small bets just for fun. And since I love Baroni's fights, I wonder what do you guys think about his moneyline?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have 100$ on kondo because simply put, he is the super fighter by light years.

however, there is no reason to believe that pride judging wont [censored] him square in the ass, just like they did with him v nakamura.

baroni's standup is extremely strong for about 90-120 seconds, largely because hes absolutely torn up on roids. if kondo lasts past 2 minutes with baroni, this fight goes to the ground, and kondo subs phil with style and grace.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
baroni's standup is extremely strong for about 90-120 seconds, largely because hes absolutely torn up on roids. if kondo lasts past 2 minutes with baroni, this fight goes to the ground, and kondo subs phil with style and grace.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO! guess i'll stay away from that one. Did you see his fight with Dave Menne? that was gross! gotta love him though just for being a total jig.
thanks for the insight