Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 02:08 AM

Default $10k WSOP Circuit event at Caesars in Atlantic City - Day 2

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for the warm reception to my Day 1 post last night. Unfortunately, today wasn't as easy.

Got off to a good start today. 200-400/50, Russ Rosenblum moves in UTG for 4300 and Matt Glantz at UTG+1 calls. Folded around to me in the BB, I see JJ and call. The flop came a beautiful 55J, Russ busted, but I was unable to extract any more chips from Matt. After that I took a few small pots and lost 12k when my 88 was unable to beat an aggressive shortstack's JJ.

Sitting on like 47k chips, I faced one of my most difficult decisions in my 2 year career. The aggressive player who had doubled through me opens it up for 1600. A tight player called in the hijack, I called with 98ss on the botton, and Nick Frangos called from the SB. Flop came 987 wth 2 diamonds and the 3 others checked it around to me, so I bet 4500 and the tight player, who was the only one at the table with more than I, ck-raised me to 11k. I was now really put to the test. What could he have? Well, if it was someone else, I could put him on JT and easily muck my hand. But my read was that this player wouldn't call a raise with a suited connector, so I removed JT from his range. The only other hand I worried about for like 20 seconds was 77, but after a while I dismissed it because if he had 77 there is no way he would check the flop. So, I figured he had to have either TT, or AKdd/AQdd, all of which he could fold if I moved in. Another option was to call and see if he turn card missed his range, then push and take the pot. After weighing these against each other, and really throwing out the made hands that had me in big trouble(straights, sets), I decided to shove and hoped to win the pot right there. I was so relieved that he didn't instacall my shove, and now he looked like he had to struggle with what to do. Unfortunately, he had too many outs to let his hand go, and he called with ATdd. He caught the Jh on the turn to make his straight, and the river bricked, sending me on the long road back home to NY.

JohnnyBax
Old 03-30-2006, 02:33 AM

Default Re: $10k WSOP Circuit event at Caesars in Atlantic City - Day 2

Thanks again for the update, tough luck man.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:08 AM

I really enjoyed reading your Day 1 summary, and I liked today's too. Tough break there to bust like that, but I like the push.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:35 AM

these types of hands always suck. button call is standard for me, as is the 4500 bet when checked to.. though i almost expect a check raise on that kind of board. not sure if yer asking a question or not here, or merely just posting your thoughts.. but i think on such a draw heavy board, yer read of something like TT or AKdd/AQdd is pretty accurate, as a lot of tight players are scared to reraise AK/AQ/TT type hands into so many players eagerly playing for a 4xbb raise, i dont know why id put in a big raise iwth AKdd all day.. anyways.. yea 77 COULD be a possibility but i would imagine he wnats to make it bigger, but thats just me. anyways, i like yer read and i like a shove. nothin u can do. keep posting though yer input is MORE than welcome. holla
Old 03-30-2006, 07:07 AM

Good analysis, keep posting.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:55 AM

Rough hand- but as you know, you made the right move- you were ahead- and most times- you're still in the tourney.
Nice run.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:08 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

[ QUOTE ]
Good analysis, keep posting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2006, 05:15 PM

Bax,

I enjoyed reading your trip report. Everyone says to keep posting and I agree, however, I would like to see you get involved in some hand analysis threads and give us your two cents.

Tough luck and Good luck in the next...we'll be rooting for you.

Ben
Old 03-30-2006, 10:07 AM

Thanx again for the trip report. You'll take it down next time.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:01 PM

Great 2nd post - Tough Beat, but you've had tons of success from what I hear, time to let someone else take this one down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks Bax