Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 04:30 AM

Default QJ sooted

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

I had only played about 30 or so hands with button but he seemed overly tight which is why I opted not to 3-bet pre-flop.

I'm not too sure about any of the postflop streets.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:35 AM

Default Re: QJ sooted

I'd fold the turn, not sure what you expect to be ahead of here and you might be drawing dead.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:55 AM

This looks like a turn lay down. Theres only hand that hes giving you flop action here and its qj. The other hand that he could of had to 3 bet the flop is a tilting flush draw which also hit. Fold this.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:06 AM

If you're not laying down the turn because he;s agro with draws you certainly must lay down the river.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:35 AM

I agree when you say he should fold the turn, but why should he "certainly" fold on the river after calling the turn? The 8c can't possibly change anything. I fold the turn here, but after calling, I'm definitely not folding on the river.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This looks like a turn lay down. Theres only hand that hes giving you flop action here and its qj. The other hand that he could of had to 3 bet the flop is a tilting flush draw which also hit. Fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He just raised the flop, I 3-bet
Old 03-28-2006, 01:04 PM

I called the turn because I have 6 outs against a made straight or flush, I also figured he's betting this turn with JxTh/QxTh.

On the river I think I should've just let it go, is there any case for calling the turn or am I drawing dead too often?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:11 PM

you are ahead of JT AJ TT
its probably close but I would have bet the turn, if he raises you know the river plan. As it stands you cant really tell if hes getting out of line with his bottompair+whatever

He might seem overly tight but its only been 30 hands so far all you know he's a 30/20 guy who steals at 40% who happnes to be getting cold-decked.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are ahead of JT AJ TT
its probably close but I would have bet the turn, if he raises you know the river plan. As it stands you cant really tell if hes getting out of line with his bottompair+whatever

He might seem overly tight but its only been 30 hands so far all you know he's a 30/20 guy who steals at 40% who happnes to be getting cold-decked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are saying to bet/call the turn since I would then know the river plan, but I can't see any way that this is better than check/calling twice.

I agree about the read, I didn't really take it into account much postflop and I don't think it's that big of a difference btw 3-betting and calling pre-flop anyway.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:22 PM

reasons for check-calling:
I think i might still have the best hand and I also think my oppoent is capable of pushing me off of it (ie with the ace of hearts or something like that) I also think my opponent will fire 2 barrels with a worse hand trying to fold me.

Reasons for bet-calling the turn then check-folding the river ui:
My opponent believes that i have something but isnt the type to raise the turn with anything less then trips/middle pair or better. Also, my opponent might check behind with JT (and this is no the type of board you want to give a free card on).

Its close either way. Check calling turn and river are fine if your opponent is aggressive and you dont trust him.