Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Poker X factor site by Johnny Bax

Has anyone signed up for this training site by Bax and Sheets?

What do you think of this site? I have been debating signing up for it to take my tourney play to the next level. I know that he is a good player given this track record of success and would like to learn a some of the intangibles because I feel I am right at the edge of real success.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Poker X factor site by Johnny Bax

You'd probably get some good responses if you posted this in the MTT forum also.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 PM

Whats the site?
Old 03-18-2006, 01:14 PM

www.pokerxfactor.com

It is a brand new training site and it looks pretty cool. I just wish the initial sign up fee was less than it is, but the information you could learn from it might be invaluable.

They have hand histories and videos of wins by Bax and Sheets, and they win a lot. Bax has like 160 or so final tables just in the last two years on Poker Stars. SO it is obvious he knows how to win MTTs.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:24 PM

Did anyone else try the demo sample quiz on there? Is it just me, or was the style of play they were seemingly advocating in that quiz kinda awful in spots?
Old 03-18-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else try the demo sample quiz on there? Is it just me, or was the style of play they were seemingly advocating in that quiz kinda awful in spots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreee completely.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was one hand where he mini-raised with 88 (I think) that I just hated.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:27 PM

I do not want this to turn into anything approaching an advertisement but just to answer some questions, we are currently putting up content. The quizzes and stuff are really for entertainement value only while we are getting your streaming videos and lectures,which are going up on an almost daily basis....we are going to have sngs, mtts, side lectures...pretty much everything....and before i REALLY turn this into an ad, ur best source to get info is actually from a conf call we held a week ago, which u can access from the home page of www.pokerxfactor.com

sheets
Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 PM

I signed up and I am 100% happy with my subscription. The content is excellent. Both Sheets and Bax offer total access to their entire games. What more could you want?

Their site and business are new and there is room for improvement in the way they present their material. Some of the editing is a little rough. etc. But, these are relatively minor issues in light of the content that you are able to view.

Regarding some of the negative comments in this thread:

Mindwise's sample quiz is not good. But, the concept of quizes is interesting.

As for the rest of the negative comments, I don't think they are remotely valid. Quite frankly, if you have viewed the videos and are making negative comments that are not constructive, I would question your ability to assimilate high quality information and regrettably define you as an idiot.

Both Bax and Sheets are entertaining and seem to be genuinely good guys. Sheets' commentary is more deliberate and technical, whereas Bax is more free flowing.

Presently, the content is more geared to players who have some experience and can appreciate the value of plays that might escape the understanding of beginners.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I signed up and I am 100% happy with my subscription. The content is excellent. Both Sheets and Bax offer total access to their entire games. What more could you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with the sentiment of your entire post. I'm not sure where all the hate comes from, but as long as my results keep improving I'll be on the payroll, be their posterboy or whatever. Watching the videos definitely has improved my game.

I just signed up last week and watched all the videos. Yesterday, I finished 28th in the pokerstars 1k event and won a wsop seat in the 615 satellite. So, yes pokerxfactor does in fact own [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]