Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Paying attention paying off

After reading Bonds post on metagame and concentration (Thanks btw, you're making me better every day), I have been very actively taking notes, in this example I had notes on both players in the hand, MP1 had a note "opens light early position" and small blind had a "monsters in closet" note from an earlier session. With these notes this play is highly successful in this spot, do cards matter?

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter

MP1: 3,245
MP2: 4,836
CO: 1,525
BTN: 2,582
SB: 4,705
Hero (BB): 6,290
UTG: 4,322
UTG+1: 6,175
UTG+2: 3,425

Pre-Flop: (150) Qd Kd dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, MP1 raises to 300, 3 folds, SB calls 250, Hero raises to 1,200, 2 folds
Old 11-08-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Paying attention paying off

Is it for value or just a resteal? If its a resteal i feel like its one of those spots where a better poster would say to make this play with some junk that u cant really gain EV from otherwise...idno

Of course this isnt ur default line like you said. Im interested to see other replies.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:14 AM

Given reads, looks like a good spot to squeeze w/ ATC.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it for value or just a resteal? If its a resteal i feel like its one of those spots where a better poster would say to make this play with some junk that u cant really gain EV from otherwise...idno

Of course this isnt ur default line like you said. Im interested to see other replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

He means that it's a good spot to squeeze as a bluff with, say 67ss or as swede said ATC... but may be the more profitable play to simply flat with QKdd and take a flop since it has good value 3 way especially if MP1 is opening light in this spot.

The problem with making it t1,200 with QKdd here is that you may feel inclined to call a shove. If you are raise / folding then it's much better to do it with a "bluffing" re-steal than with QKdd, with which flat calling pf may be more +EV in this situation.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

He means that it's a good spot to squeeze as a bluff with, say 67ss or as swede said ATC... but may be the more profitable play to simply flat with QKdd and take a flop since it has good value 3 way especially if MP1 is opening light in this spot.

The problem with making it t1,200 with QKdd here is that you may feel inclined to call a shove. If you are raise / folding then it's much better to do it with a "bluffing" re-steal than with QKdd, with which flat calling pf may be more +EV in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the read was just to good of a spot to pass up, so I took it, my plan turned the hand into a bluff.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a resteal, KQs is pretty, but quite a few flops won't get past a cbet, that's why I asked if hand has any relevance, we look pretty, but this hand in a massive pot oop is not my intent.