Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:53 PM

Default I do this wrong?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($42.45)
MP :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($52.95)
Button ($30.65)
SB ($66.65)
Hero ($34.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.10) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, UTG folds, Villain calls $0.75, Button folds.

Turn: ($2.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, Villain calls $1.75.

River: ($6.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $8.75</font>, Hero folds.

Should I have stopped betting on the turn or river? I figured I would keep VBetting until I saw some strength (I was definitely playing b/f on turn and river), but should I have been c/f either? If so, why?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: I do this wrong?

I think I check the river to try to see a cheap river. Everyone slowplays everything at this limit and it's very possible that he hit his flush on the turn. It's also possible that he was donking off money with a 5, second pair is sometimes the nuts to these players also.

I think I played with you last night, I was following some guy around who was dumping in 6 max, can't remember his name but he was from new york.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:00 PM

It may or may not have been me, but I broke about even (it was pretty up and down though, so I was certainly spewing in some spots).

I don't list my town from NY though, it's Brooklyn, so if it was Brooklyn, I'm probably yr donk.

If he bets the river, how much are you willing to pay?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 PM

I hate these spots.

I think this is how I would play it.

Only question is re: river bet. Is this how much you would have bet on river w TT (Only asking because it looks a little blockey to me)? If so, fine.

...I'm just not that comfortable with the line 'c/c river' without reads.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM

i think the flop bet was kind of small and the river bet wasnt a good idea but i might be wrong.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM

I dunno about my bet sizing, I mean, I typically shoot for about 3/4's of a pot.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:50 PM

I would prodably bet on turn if you check he bet and you must fold. You could also check and fold to any bet because it was multiway and its likely he has a stronger hand and you are beat but he could also have had a pair of tens with worse kicker so I would bet.

I would check river and fold to any bet. Only hand he would bet on river are hands that have you beat and when he call on turn you are definitive beat if he aint a huge callinstation and have Tx and then he will check behind on river and you win the pot without risking anything.
I eliminate that hes bluffing theres no way he would bluff in this pot. He prodably has 99 or flush he got position so he could very well only call with a flush because he maybe have noticed that your are very aggressive and will very likely bet on river to. My guess are 99 because he raised so big on river when board paired and hope u got flush and call if he had set on flop I think he would have raised but whatever he had he played it bad and this doesn´t make sence only thing I know you are beat and you played the hand wrong on river.
I would have raised preflop by the way they all have shown weakness and you could very well win the hand right there.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Sometimes I raise PRF, but I don't love playing AT OOP. (The UTG worries me more).
Old 11-05-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I raise PRF, but I don't love playing AT OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it looks fine really. If you bet more with better hands on this river I think you should bet more with this one if you don't want to be bluffed or easily said. If your betsizing is sized proportionally according to the strength of your hand you may be exploitable to a good/observant player in these spots as they'll know a readonable sized bet will push you off your hand. If this is the case, then you're bet may as well be a check.

That said, this is uSNL and I'd say you're almost certainly way behind here so you got away cheaply.

Not really a spot for pfr with ATo imo.

Good fold.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 PM

i think this is probably a good fold, but i'd check the river and call a reasonable bet most of the time. you are going to be beat here a pretty good chunk of the time, but J10-K10 will be shown down occasionally, so i don't think calling a small river bet would be awful.

if you're going to bet the river, at least bet an amount that doesn't scream "i have a decent hand but i'm terrified of this board, please don't raise". i'll raise bets like that with total air pretty often, and i've said this in other threads, but there seriously is no bigger tell in the micros than bet sizes.

example:
i have any two cards, call a raise preflop IP or OOP. flop comes out, any three cards any suits. if IP I check and original raiser bets $2 into a pot of $3.60 or so. if OOP original raiser just makes that bet. i raise that to $6 nearly every time, honestly. for every time that they come over the top or flat call and i get pushed out later, i probably take the pot down in that situation 3 or 4 times. yes, that could be exploited by an opponent that realized this, but at this level most people are not going to and if they do realize it there isn't too much damage and you can reevaluate against them.