Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Move up? Stay put?

Are these numbers good enough to justify moving up? I have been playing for about 2 1/2 months and don't consider myself as skilled as a lot of posters here. I play for fun and a little side money. With that being said, I'd like to get some advice about when/if it's time to move up. It could be quite possible that these stats don't indicate enough info to tell?
[image]http://[/image]
Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Move up? Stay put?

yes move up.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 AM

Move up, take a shot. If you run bad at 2/4 just grind out some more 1/2, rinse and repeat.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 AM

Sc000t, that's pretty much what I figured the "right" answer would be. What amount of my online roll should I take a shot with? 10% 25%? I have played a few hundred hands at 2/4 and 3/6. It seems that I gete very "self concious" about my play when I move up. Not that the $ is an issue, but I think I get psyched out. OMG, i think I have issues, lol.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sc000t, that's pretty much what I figured the "right" answer would be. What amount of my online roll should I take a shot with? 10% 25%? I have played a few hundred hands at 2/4 and 3/6. It seems that I gete very "self concious" about my play when I move up. Not that the $ is an issue, but I think I get psyched out. OMG, i think I have issues, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing 2-4 and 3-6 on a 10k bankroll is fairly aggressive, especially considering you don't have a good handle on your expectation in those games, but it's not completely out of line.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:16 AM

Maybe just mix one 2/4 table into your usual 1/2 games until you win 5 or 6k more and can play full time there. Then when you have the roll you will feel alright stepping up since you have logged some hands at that level.

Try buying in for 300 at 2/4. It may help with getting psyched out, and the game really isnt radically different with 75bb from 100bbs. When you double that up in a game, don't rathole however, keep playing your game and try to have a few dominant sessions. Running 300 up past 1k a few times will help your confidence and your roll.