Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Default NL$200| Line checks (3 hands)

Hand 1

Villain is 21/8/infinate (52 hands). This is my first 3-bet pot with him and I'm running a passive table at 22/18/aggro.

Flop - standard.
Preflop - standard c-bet?
Turn - arg! I tanked right down and called here. Seemed such a low bet that he might be making a lame play at the pot with a draw/weaker hand. I still believe I can and will fold to any river bet that isn't bordering on stupid (like $10-15!). Just dump the turn?

Cryptologic Network No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($205.45)
UTG ($71.30)
MP ($205.50)
CO ($173.70)
Button ($146.85)
Hero ($207.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $15.

Flop: ($44) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, CO calls $30.

Turn: ($104) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $36</font>, Hero calls $36.

River: ($176) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $176

Hand 2

Villain is 42/12/2 (50). I saw him call PSB on two streets OOP with an OESD but that's all I have on him so far. Min raise preflop blows because I kinda have to have a look.

Question is to I try to semi-bluff this calling station on any street or do I just play this one by the maths. What about river - have a pop or check and hope for miracles?

Cryptologic Network No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($258.40)
BB ($143.10)
UTG ($220.55)
Hero ($222.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($45) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $16</font>, Hero calls $16.

River: ($77) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $77

Hand 3

Same villain as above. As you'll learn his min-rr preflop is a wider range than AA-KK. Thoughts on my play. My raise is value-come-see-where-I'm at.

Cryptologic Network No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($268.15)
SB ($243.70)
BB ($174.10)
UTG ($243.40)
Hero ($201.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($25) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $22</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $59
Old 10-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: NL$200| Line checks (3 hands)

&lt;sneaky bttt&gt; [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 02:35 PM

Hand 1 I probably fold turn without a read even though his bet is so small. It just seems like a king trying to get value from a hand like JJ.

Hand 2 I would raise his weak turn bet after the second ten hits.

Hand 3 I would raise more on the flop and I think the fold is good as played. If you are ahead villain probably has a strong combo draw and half the deck is going to be bad for you on the turn.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise more on the flop and I think the fold is good as played. If you are ahead villain probably has a strong combo draw and half the deck is going to be bad for you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the extra bet size achieve though. I had the same though initially when I reviewed it. My bet was largely to ask the question and I accept it wasn't great for protection. Critically, if villain calls and the turn is a diamond, 8 or K I'll play under extreme caution. If it's a blank and villain checks I'd step up to the plate to bet for value/protection on the turn. My flop line is semi-for-value and to try to establish where I'm at. FWIW I expect his stupid min-rr preflop, min-bet flop line is begging for me to raise. I think this hand is about the money saved rather than the potential value missed.

Do you still semi-bluff villain if you know he'll not fold any pair? He might even call ace high he's that bad? Also, remember that if we raise and villain pushes we are probably forced to fold, yet by calling we are getting the odds we need to draw.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise more on the flop and I think the fold is good as played. If you are ahead villain probably has a strong combo draw and half the deck is going to be bad for you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ] What does the extra bet size achieve though. I had the same though initially when I reviewed it. My bet was largely to ask the question and I accept it wasn't great for protection. Critically, if villain calls and the turn is a diamond, 8 or K I'll play under extreme caution. If it's a blank and villain checks I'd step up to the plate to bet for value/protection on the turn. My flop line is semi-for-value and to try to establish where I'm at. FWIW I expect his stupid min-rr preflop, min-bet flop line is begging for me to raise. I think this hand is about the money saved rather than the potential value missed.

Do you still semi-bluff villain if you know he'll not fold any pair? He might even call ace high he's that bad? Also, remember that if we raise and villain pushes we are probably forced to fold, yet by calling we are getting the odds we need to draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

That min donk bet is almost always a draw or a weak pair so I'm just hoping to get max value. The smaller raise also may induce a semibluff which is a bad thing considering we are allowing ourselves to be bluffed here.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That min donk bet is almost always a draw or a weak pair so I'm just hoping to get max value. The smaller raise also may induce a semibluff which is a bad thing considering we are allowing ourselves to be bluffed here.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's not technically a donk. If I had the final say preflop and villain did this I'd pretty much pot it. He min-raise preflop and then min-bet. I've seen poor players do that from time to time when they want you to raise.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] But it's not technically a donk. If I had the final say preflop and villain did this I'd pretty much pot it. He min-raise preflop and then min-bet. I've seen poor players do that from time to time when they want you to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. I guess I'm just not putting much stock in villains min rr pre either. This is how idiots play back at you for opening a lot of pots and they typically have nothing. I guess your smaller raise does get max value from underpairs which are probably a decent part of his range. Villains line is just so strange here I really don't know what to do.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:10 PM

hand 1: b/f the turn

hand 2: raise the flop or turn

hand 3: call, re-evaluate turn
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 PM

What you thinking of bet-folding the turn with? $70? That only leaves about $50 effective back
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I probably fold turn without a read even though his bet is so small. It just seems like a king trying to get value from a hand like JJ.

Hand 2 I would raise his weak turn bet after the second ten hits.

Hand 3 I would raise more on the flop and I think the fold is good as played. If you are ahead villain probably has a strong combo draw and half the deck is going to be bad for you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
all he said i would say to u