Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Default NL100: Does anyone like my bluff?

Probably not, but just wanted to get some thoughts. Villain is 37/11/.78 after just over 250 hands. Last night I was trying some different things and running around the 35/28/3 range. Unsure if villain would have noticed.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $113.65
UTG: $113.75
MP: $103.20
Hero (CO): $90
BTN: $301.15
SB: $385.10

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $3, BB folds

Flop: ($8) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5

My thinking is like this. I've seen a lot of these flop check-minraises lately, and they nearly always turn out to be a weak top pair or mid pocket pair. For some reason, people do this alot with 66 and not with 78. I used to always think they were sets, but now I feel top pair is a more likely holding. He's also been defending his blinds very loosely, around the 50-60% mark for fold to steal, so weak Ts/8s are definitely in his range.

So for those reasons and the fact that I was feeling adventurous, I decided to run a little delayed bluff, depending on the turn card.

Turn: ($28) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $19</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $76.50 and is All-In</font>

Now I was probably going to bluff no matter the turn card, but this was pretty much the perfect one. It gives me a bunch of outs vs a set, and I doubt there's any way that even this uberdonk can call all in with top pair /mid pp.

Anyone like this? I'm sure you all will be regardless, but please be brutally honest if you hate it/love it/want to stab me/think my girlfriend's hideous.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: NL100: Does anyone like my bluff?

A little strange, but not terrible. I'm just not sure a villain with an AF of .78 is going to c/r minraise that often without a decent hand.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:08 PM

ya thats the only thing I dislike in your play here. Your opponent has no AF and you've no idea what HIS minraise means. The overall minraise concept you've got in mind can't work with specific individual. Every players use minraise for different purposes.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:09 PM

His flop AF is closer to 1.5 fwiw. I think I have preflop agg included in AF. Is it standard to turn this off?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Donks minraise me all the time with flushdraws tbh
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM

I don't hate it but I have a note on my computer that says "don't bluff donkeys" for a reason...they just always seem to call with JdTx here and completely blow my "they have to fold TPWK to this raise theory" out of the water.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM

v bad spot

you say he calls steal a lot. Then don't fkn raise the worst hand there is.

The flop call is stand, but once he bets the turn I let it go. With the added outs I can see a shove or call but a fold is still best.

and FYP: flop min-c/raises are often weak pair or DRAWS. I would put villain on at least 1/4 flushes after his turn bet. Prob even 1/3.