Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Is it time to quit mtts when...

You play 8 of them and take a bad beat to get out of ALL 8 and then you take $25 to 25c/50c NL and build it to $200 in less then an hour??????/
I am mostly a mtt player but it seems like i am less unlucky in cash games (wierd as it seems) but i dont think i will make it the mtt world with luck like this... I love mtts and i hate to switch but i really think i mite switch to cash games... not sure if should have posted this is cash/or mtts but since this is mtts convice me to stay lol.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Is it time to quit mtts when...

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if should have posted this is cash/or mtts

[/ QUOTE ]

Try option C. BBV

And yeah...if your sample size is as large as 8 tournies, then u prob can conclude that your ROI will never be positive in MTTs. Obv getting your money in good (in MTTs) has a long-term negative expectation.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not sure if should have posted this is cash/or mtts

[/ QUOTE ]

Try option C. BBV

And yeah...if your sample size is as large as 8 tournies, then u prob can conclude that your ROI will never be positive in MTTs. Obv getting your money in good (in MTTs) has a long-term negative expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me lol. Stick to mtts bro.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 AM

LOL... much more dead money in MTT's. Although $50NL is generally pretty profitable as well. But I think it's funny, you are deciding what you want to play, based on 8 MTT's and 1 cash game session.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:54 AM

8 bad beats....hah!!! talk to us when you have a real bad run
Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8 bad beats....hah!!! talk to us when you have a real bad run

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually don't!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL... much more dead money in MTT's. Although $50NL is generally pretty profitable as well. But I think it's funny, you are deciding what you want to play, based on 8 MTT's and 1 cash game session.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not 8 mtts its been two months of bad luck but i guess ppl go through worse... and my ranting was just dumb
Old 10-05-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its not 8 mtts its been two months of bad luck but i guess ppl go through worse... and my ranting was just dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know where you're coming from here, but the purpose of this forum (as i understand it) is for players to post hands/questions and get input from other players in an effort to improve as a player. I'm sure that over the past two months, there have been a few hands that might have put u to tough decisions. Post those here, focus on the aspects of the game that you can control, and make it your objective to make EV+ plays and decisions and the results will take care of themselves.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You play 8 of them and take a bad beat to get out of ALL 8 and then you take $25 to 25c/50c NL and build it to $200 in less then an hour??????/
I am mostly a mtt player but it seems like i am less unlucky in cash games (wierd as it seems) but i dont think i will make it the mtt world with luck like this... I love mtts and i hate to switch but i really think i mite switch to cash games... not sure if should have posted this is cash/or mtts but since this is mtts convice me to stay lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...taking $25 to 25/50 NL is a mistake. First, if that is your entire BR, you are under-rolled. Second, and more importantly, that means you didn't even start out with a full stack ($50) and cost yourself in expectation.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 AM

Who [censored] cares? Honestly, I'm tired of reading this [censored]. Get the [censored] out. This is the problem with SSMTT - 4 out of every five posts these days is [censored] like this. It's like we are a waste ground for every [censored] who just took a bad beat in a tournament and wants to bitch and complain about it before relegating himself to his $40 BR and not trying to learn anything.

I mean, did you ever consider that SMALL TABLE TOURNAMENT STRATEGY is not the best place to post here. At least have the courtesy to figure out which [censored] place to put your piss and moan about how you didn't play in your bankroll and how you are now suffering.

I also think that posts like this should be locked immediately.

Barry