Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Skating thin....

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Skating thin....

Unless you're at a table full of insanely weak/tight nits this is definitely a fold preflop.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 AM

Fold preflop. In a rake heavy and loose game where you end up OOP you should muck A9o here as well. ATo is close and mucking it wont be a huge mistake.

You really need to tighten up in early position in loose passive games with high rake.

Really bad flop for you. It hits a lot of coldcalling hands that arent folding. Betting is ok but it should be the last money you put in the pot UI. Check/folding is another option.

Turn bet is really bad. You are never getting the folds and you have like 2 outs on average. REALLY BAD!

River is bad as well. He either has a made hand that he isnt folding or a worse busted draw that isnt calling. When you cant get a better hand to fold and wont get a worse hand to call there is no value in a bet.

I would never have made it to the river in this hand. But had I, I would have c/c the river to induce bluffs from broken draws.

To be honest, you played this hand rather poorly. I suggest you read this forum as much as possible and read up on Stox book and and SSHE and other limit hold em books.

Judging from this hand your game really needs work.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 AM

I play these limits as well for now and at these limits you dont want to be playing Ax. You are generally up against multiple people which really diminishes the value of A6o.

If you bet this flop and are called...its time to shut down.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 AM

Fold pre-flop. Fold A9o pre-flop in this spot so that tells you how A6o is doing here. This is only good on the button for me.

I'm done with this hand on the turn if I played it how you did. When 2 people call on the flop you aren't taking this down enough of the time to bet again and you aren't in position to take a free showdown even if it is likely that they are both drawing. If you really want to see a showdown here you should be check calling on the river to induce bets from busted draws. When you bet you are only getting called by better hands.

You need to think more about position and what the other players in the hand have.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:00 PM

preflop is a fold as everyone has mentioned. What I was going to post has already been said by everyone, so I just have a question for everyone. I think I that I check this flop quite a bit. Is that standard?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is a fold as everyone has mentioned. What I was going to post has already been said by everyone, so I just have a question for everyone. I think I that I check this flop quite a bit. Is that standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

In an aggro game we're going to get popped a ton on that board, so (opponents depending) I'd say a check is pretty standard. Might be worth taking a shot. Hard to argue too much against it 3-handed. But, yeah... that isn't a good flop for us. I agree that I'd be defaulting to a check and only making a c-bet if I thought that both opponents were fairly passive and at least one was foldy.