Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Great laydown, or am I retarded? FT 3/6

Only 50 hands in at the table SB is running 12/10/2.3 so far (His lead out on turn I found weird too). Button is running 40/1.9/0.3 (He's the one that worries me, cold call 2 bets on flop, then raises turn). My thinking was 2 guys making weird plays, someone hit the flop or turn hard.
I'm saying all pocket pairs are major part of both villains ranges.

Yes I should have capped PF. No good reason I didn't, just a donkey.

Oink, flamming allowed on this one if necessary.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

River: (13.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 09-27-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Great laydown, or am I retarded? FT 3/6

if button's 0.3 AF is over a long sample, then i think you made a good fold.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:28 PM

This seems pretty bad imo.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 PM

This pot is too big to fold, especially since the button might only have 2 pair here.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This pot is too big to fold, especially since the button might only have 2 pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you still only have 2 outs vs. the SB's QQ-AA, and your normal counterfeit "outs" aren't yours.

I think the way you played this hand, the turn fold is good.

But you should have capped PF.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you still only have 2 outs vs. the SB's QQ-AA, and your normal counterfeit "outs" aren't yours.

I think the way you played this hand, the turn fold is good.

But you should have capped PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, given the sequence of events, turn is a must fold. Im not sure about preflop if the SB's stats are valid.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Well I would have raised the turn to begin with. This is Tx or worse a lot. Plus if the other guy is incline to call 2 with a worse hand again that's good.

I actually think it's pretty close when you call and BT raises. If the sample is large enough, I might find a fold (would have to do some math might be call-fold UI). This line is a slowplayed set a lot. If we're talking about 100-300 hands though, I'm calling down.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Does the lead out on the turn, after he called the raise on flop worry you at all? The reasoning for calling the turn was, Button just called 2 cold, SB called then leads. I was like ok one weird line no big deal, but two weird lines something isn't right. Just me probably thinking to much.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the lead out on the turn, after he called the raise on flop worry you at all? The reasoning for calling the turn was, Button just called 2 cold, SB called then leads. I was like ok one weird line no big deal, but two weird lines something isn't right. Just me probably thinking to much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a bit weird too. Not sure what to make of that unless he thinks you might be on flush-draw or overcards perhaps. Was timid at first and didn't want to 3-bet with his JT or something...and then changed his mind and decided to bet out again at it.

Some of the donk-bets out there come with some weird reasons/logic. If you think too much about them they can confuse you perhaps more than they were even trying to.

He also could just be multi-tabling on too many tables and lost track of what had happened in that hand or something. For a 12/10 super-nit, even after only 50 hds, I'm guessing that this is possible.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BT cold calling the flop isn't a weird line for him though. It's probably his SOP. The part of his range that has you beat is a very small part of his flop CC'ing range.

As to SB, stop and go doesn't impress me. It's not like you always have the best hand. He could have AA-QQ or TT/88 but mostly he has AT/KT/99/77/66 or something even more retarded like AK. With the other guy likely padding the pot with his pair/draw, it's a raise IMO. Calldown if 3-bet because of outs and AT.