Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:58 PM

Default How Could Christians Vote in George W.?

Has anyone even thought about this? I was replying in another thread and...boom, this hit me like a ton of bricks.

With all of the conspiracy theories ranging from the North American Union to the New World Order (from his dad's speech) to his participation in Skull and Bones all the way down to his creation of the Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, and his HHS Secretary's (Tommy Thompson) participation on the board of Verichip (now branded as Xmark), how in the world did Christians vote this guy in? Even more ghastly, how are there still some that support him?

Of all of the sects of society to be against Big Brother and against government control, it should be the Christians, right?

Further, of all the people, why pick someone who wants to go to war with the entire Middle East?

Does any of this make sense or ring a bell or am I the only one that sees the irony?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: How Could Christians Vote in George W.?

Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Why would Christians be more scared of big brother? They already have one, another shouldn't make that much of a difference. And why should Christians be more opposed than anywone else to going to war with Moslems?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 PM

The Vatican has condemned, many times, the Iraq war and war in general. So that's part of your answer.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM

Doesn't "Christians" usually mean protestants? In any case, I'm sure even Bush "condemns war in general".

I wasn't aware the vatican had condemned the Iraq war. That's pretty interesting, I would've thought it was something they would show me on TV. Guess they didn't.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't "Christians" usually mean protestants? In any case, I'm sure even Bush "condemns war in general".

I wasn't aware the vatican had condemned the Iraq war. That's pretty interesting, I would've thought it was something they would show me on TV. Guess they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many times the Vatican has condemned the war. They have not wavered on this. I think relations with the Bush administration are icy at best.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Vatican has condemned, many times, the Iraq war and war in general. So that's part of your answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Christians are purposefully going against the Vatican? Or are you trying to say that the Vatican is doing the right thing and that American Christians are the main ones being duped?

I noticed that the Pope also had a big issuance for Christians to fight the New World Order a couple of months ago. In return, the UN invited him to a meeting.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Christians are purposefully going against the Vatican? Or are you trying to say that the Vatican is doing the right thing and that American Christians are the main ones being duped?

I noticed that the Pope also had a big issuance for Christians to fight the New World Order a couple of months ago. In return, the UN invited him to a meeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have qualified that most American Christians are not Catholic; certainly none of the 'grass roots' Christians. Not all Christians voted for Bush.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Catholics came out overwhelmingly in support of Bush, although I could be wrong. We've sort of gotten to the point where Catholics aren't the "Christians" we mean when we say Christians. I don't mean this as an insult to Catholics at all (rather more the opposite, actually) and I'm not saying Catholics aren't Christians. But GW's Christian base is not Catholic.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Catholics came out overwhelmingly in support of Bush, although I could be wrong. We've sort of gotten to the point where Catholics aren't the "Christians" we mean when we say Christians. I don't mean this as an insult to Catholics at all (rather more the opposite, actually) and I'm not saying Catholics aren't Christians. But GW's Christian base is not Catholic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, it is more evangelical. Since the evangelicals believe so much in the literalism of Revalation so much, that makes this all the more bizarre, though.

After all, one prerequisite to "Left Behind" theology is that you have to believe that one day there will be a conspiracy to bring about totalitarian, one-world government rule.

Now, is it just me or do you not want to stay away from a guy who just drips conspiracy theory and who launches preemptive wars in the Middle East based upon fabricated evidence?

So, if you happen to think that someone's crazy for believing Bible prophecy in the first place, how much crazier would it make them if they voted in Bush anyway?

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon...check out the WorldNetDaily forums:

http://forums.wnd.com/index.php?fa=P...w&pageId=6
Old 09-26-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, it is more evangelical. Since the evangelicals believe so much in the literalism of Revalation so much, that makes this all the more bizarre, though.

After all, one prerequisite to "Left Behind" theology is that you have to believe that one day there will be a conspiracy to bring about totalitarian, one-world government rule.

Now, is it just me or do you not want to stay away from a guy who just drips conspiracy theory and who launches preemptive wars in the Middle East based upon fabricated evidence?

So, if you happen to think that someone's crazy for believing Bible prophecy in the first place, how much crazier would it make them if they voted in Bush anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I think you are missing the point. If I believed in the literal veracity of the Bible I would be doing everything possible to bring about Armageddon and the rapture. Why aren't you?