Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM

Default b/3bet river bluff lol

ive been looking through PT, looking at different bluff and seeing which were good and which were bad. this one was a couple of months ago...

villain in this hand is 37/15/2.2, i think i had a read at the time, but cant remember what it was now.
so for this hand, just go by stats and his line.

Pacific Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.5/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $74.8
UTG+1: $61
Bubaloo: $92.1
Button: $97.1
SB: $189.22
BB: $176.7

Pre-flop: (6 players) Bubaloo is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, Bubaloo calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Bubaloo raises to $5</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($15.5, 2 players)
UTG checks, Bubaloo checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($15.5, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Bubaloo bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $20</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Bubaloo raises all-in $75.1</font>

would this always be spew w/o a specific read?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: b/3bet river bluff lol

37/15/2.2 just means he plays alot of hands and is aggressive. What was his go to showdown range? Cant bluff a calling station. That said it is spewage. Stick to abc poker at this level for a decent win rate.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 AM

well until the river u invested just something like 7$ then the 10$ riverbet and you bluff the river for the rest of your stack when he already minraises you I think the river bet is ok but I would fold to the minraise just because of his stats
Old 09-20-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
37/15/2.2 just means he plays alot of hands and is aggressive. What was his go to showdown range? Cant bluff a calling station. That said it is spewage. Stick to abc poker at this level for a decent win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the first and only time i ever done this.

[ QUOTE ]
well until the river u invested just something like 7$ then the 10$ riverbet and you bluff the river for the rest of your stack when he already minraises you I think the river bet is ok but I would fold to the minraise just because of his stats

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that i didnt need to put my whole stack in, something like $46 would be pretty much the same.

tbh, the flop bet looked uber-weak, and i instantly put him on gutshot w/ Ax (mistake?) i thought he was just making a move w/ the river chk/minraise (what would he min-raise river w/? a 4 would bet out, caus the turn went c-c, so would sets and 66+ might blocker bet or chk/call, the only hand that chk/minraises there would be QQ and i dont see him betting $1 on the flop w/ that) so i shoved.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 AM

I understand your reasoning behind this hand. His weak donk bet on the flop often means he has a draw of some kind.

That said, whenever I pull a move like this at this level, I always seem to have little FE and get looked up by Qx or whatever. I don't hate your line though.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM

i think this is 100% spew. trying to push a loose villain off of a hand on the river after he's already c/rd you is going to be massively -EV imo.