Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Default borgata 25-50: kinda gross spot preflop with QQ

juicy game a couple nights ago. four limpers to me, i'm in the co with QQ and make it 500 to go. button coldcalls, blinds fold, first limper calls, two other limpers fold. however, the last limper in the hijack--old foreign guy on my immediate right--reraises to 2100 straight.

hijack has about 11k left after his raise (so he began the hand with around 13k). i started the hand with about 18k, button started with 20ish, first limper about 15.

the game's been great, but it's mostly just been lots of loose preflop calling, there hasn't really been anything in the way of crazy preflop 3betting or limp-raising. i had certainly not seen the guy on my right do something like this before. but i'm fairly sure that i'm crushing the button and ep limper; could foreign dude really have overlimped in the hijack with AA/KK?

so, call, raise or fold? a decent argument could be made for every option, but a decent argument could also be made against each one. i don't think calling is great, because button is stuck and has been trying to play big pots; if i flatcall, he's very likely to come along as well, and then ep limper will probly call too, thinking "omg pot-odds." and we'd have 4 to the flop with almost 9k in the pot already, yuck.

i could raise, but to how much? just shove? put the old guy all-in, 11k more in a 5k pot? or make it something like 6k and call if he shoves? or do i just fold this?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: borgata 25-50: kinda gross spot preflop with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
could foreign dude really have overlimped in the hijack with AA/KK?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's really possible.

Call and take it from there.

[ QUOTE ]
and we'd have 4 to the flop with almost 9k in the pot already, yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this a bad thing?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:47 AM

it's a bad thing because at that point, if i put any more money in on the flop i'm pretty much committed, and if i wanna play for my whole stack here i'd rather do so hu instead of 4way?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:03 AM

If you push he is only probably going to call with kings and aces. Its poker anything is possible, I think you have to assume he has aces.....1010 JJ, and AK aq would be very odd if played this way. 1600 to set mine to win 10,000 isnt that good plus ur already either way behind or ahead. So why not just fold. I think when a player calls here and sees a flop he really doesnt know what to do post flop so why be in that situation against 3 other people with QQ and if he pushes he is making the wrong play if other guy is very good.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:46 AM

i'd prolly just shove here. alternatively i'm calling and waiting for a decent flop (no A basically) and sticking my money in. If I call and it's HU to the flop I'll get it in on almost any flop. The one thing I'm not doing here is folding.

if it had been pretty passive preflop or just not ridiculously crazy i think limping the hijack with a huge hand is unlikely and i'm willing to go broke to find out. with my image i'd just shove and expect a call from 99-JJ. For you, calling might be better.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:50 AM

lolz
Old 09-16-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you push he is only probably going to call with kings and aces. Its poker anything is possible, I think you have to assume he has aces.....1010 JJ, and AK aq would be very odd if played this way. 1600 to set mine to win 10,000 isnt that good plus ur already either way behind or ahead. So why not just fold. I think when a player calls here and sees a flop he really doesnt know what to do post flop so why be in that situation against 3 other people with QQ and if he pushes he is making the wrong play if other guy is very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can we just ban freeucm?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 AM

tbh they have it every time here
Old 09-16-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

isnt that good plus ur already either way behind or ahead. So why not just fold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORLY?

Do actually play poker,or do you make this crap up??
Old 09-17-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it's a bad thing because at that point, if i put any more money in on the flop i'm pretty much committed, and if i wanna play for my whole stack here i'd rather do so hu instead of 4way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you just play QQ for set value here? You certainly seem to be getting good implied odds calling off extra 1.5K