Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 AM

Default 10NL Go on - kill me. I need that.

Villain just sat and played 2 out of 3 hands very agressive.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $4.05
BB: $10.00
UTG: $10.10
UTG+1: $4.15
MP1: $9.90
Hero (MP2): $11.80
CO: $16.15
BTN: $1.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.60, SB folds

River: ($2.40) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.60</font>
Old 09-13-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Go on - kill me. I need that.

Fold the Turn. c/f River
Old 09-13-2007, 08:00 AM

What were you reasons for raising preflop, besides that's what I always do? Flop is a good cbetting flop. Turn is meh, ok if you think villain will do this with just overcards. River you need to fold.

Overall I would rather be aggressive early than late in this hand.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:06 AM

yep. you're absolutely right about being agg early... He had ATo.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:30 AM

You HAVE to CB on this flop! See, you decided to make a move PF raising a rather marginal hand. That's ok, but you can't just abort that move on the flop. In fact, one reason for making such a PF raise is to create bigger FE when missing the flop (what you will do most of the times). So, if you want this kind of move to make profit over the long run, you can not afford to NOT bet this flop...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 AM

I would fold preflop.

As played:
Bet the flop. You choosed the tricky-stealing play then continue and bet the flop. Both checked, quite good flop, if both players hanging around with two high-cards - very good chance to get the pot down now! Give me one reason why you didnt cbet. I would bet 0.8 or so.

As played I would call the turn and will fold to any bet on the river. Reraise is very bad.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 AM

I don't see what the raise is meant to achieve. I don't expect him to fold much here, maybe a flush draw that totaly missed. Aggresion wins pots but it needs to make sense and your raise after the turn call is not very compelling.

I agree that you need to cbet the flop. You're in a spot where you have little to no information on his hand and you got here by giving away initiative after raising pre-flop.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: 10NL Go on - kill me. I need that.

I hope that this pre flop raise was of the "mix-up your play" variety. Though I dont even think that this type of raise is even important at 10NL. No one is paying attention to what you play anyway. C-Bet flop!!!!!!!!!! Why are you making this raise if you are not gonna c-bet THAT flop?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:32 PM

When bluff raising, you need to have a sellable hand. In this situation it depends on whether or not your opponent pays any kind of attention, and how he views you. If you play AK like this (not c-betting on a paired board of unders, and floating on the turn with nothing) then *maybe* you can get away with it, but most of the time this is a big spew. If he is paying attention and happens to think of you as even close to a reasonable player, he'll call you 100% of the time, even if he just has the 8.

Incidentally, if you *do* play AK like this, then that spew would be worse than the bluff raise spew, so either way you're screwed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 02:40 PM

OP could easily have 99 - JJ, too, or even a bigger pair, so a CB should take the pot down here often enough to make it +EV...