Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Two QQ hands against AttackYouStack 200NL

Villain is AttackYouStack (runs around 22/17/3) and seems to be a decent winner over ~4000 datamined hands. Seems pretty aggro, but not too spewy.

Line check on these two QQ hands please:

Hand 1:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $145.05
BB: $210.95
UTG: $459.35
MP: $247.10
CO: $300.30
Hero (BTN): $192.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $75.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $51.00 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $51.00

Hand 2:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $209.00
BB: $514.60
UTG: $257.85
MP: $37.00
Hero (CO): $197.00
BTN: $155.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, BTN calls $7.00, SB folds, BB calls $5.00

Flop: ($22) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $16.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $46.00</font>, BTN folds, BB calls $30.00

Turn: ($114) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $45.00</font>, Hero calls $45.00

River: ($204) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $416.60</font>, Hero calls all-in for $99.00
Uncalled bet of $317.60 returned to BB

Pot Size: $402.00 ($3 Rake)

For hand 2, I think the most critical decision is the one on the turn. If I call the turn, then I am pretty much calling the river almost always. But is calling the turn just spewy, given that villain called my flop raise? Timing tell: villain insta betted the turn, and insta-AI'd the river.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Two QQ hands against AttackYouStack 200NL

Hand 1) Looks good. I normally fold to the 4bet without history. We have about 40% equity vs. a range of QQ+, AK.

Hand 2) I normally just flat call his flop lead since the board isn't too drawy. If I'm raising there it's because I really want to get my stack in. Turn card isn't great, though I'm not sure what to make of his small bet.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:41 AM

man, I don't think I can pitch QQ that easily vs an agressive player. Maybe if there is absoutly no history between you guys, but I still think im probably gonna play the ladies.

hand 2 really looks like a set on the turn. You say hes a solid winning player, so I would doubt he is leading w/ less than a set. board is not really drawish so I would have to put him on 2 pair+. I like the flop raise, but I think im shutting down after he calls.

also i think if ur calling the turn here, you can't fold the river.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man, I don't think I can pitch QQ that easily vs an agressive player. Maybe if there is absoutly no history between you guys, but I still think im probably gonna play the ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please keep in mind that he is opening/4betting UTG. This severely narrows his range. I doubt he is doing this with, say, JJ.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 really looks like a set on the turn. You say hes a solid winning player, so I would doubt he is leading w/ less than a set. board is not really drawish so I would have to put him on 2 pair+. I like the flop raise, but I think im shutting down after he calls.

also i think if ur calling the turn here, you can't fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I had the timer run down on the turn. I was pretty much thinking exactly what you say here. Suppose I should have had discipline to fold it - got shown 22 obv.

Flop raise is for value, against say, AT. Plan is to then have villain check, and I check behind a blank turn. Then call around 1/2 PSB on river by villain bluffing/trying to get value out of one pair. Anybody dislike this sort of line?