Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:03 AM

Default A few Suited Ace Hands

Both are 4/8 live Full kill games. Both hands the tables are LP. Not too much PF raising at all.

Hand #1: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and limps, UTG+1(weak woman)calls, 3 additional callers, BTn(Loose PF woman who plays nearly all hands)calls, SB completes, BB(?) raps. 8 to the flop

(7 SBs) Flop comes: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, folded to HJ who calls, BTN calls, SB calls: 6 to the turn

(6.5 BBs) Turn is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, folds to the BTN who calls, SB folds, BB calls. 3 ways to the river

(12.5 BBs) River comes the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB bets, Hero raises, BTN 3 bets, BB caps, Hero calls. (24.5 BBs)

Had no clue at the time to their holdings but the 2 obviously helped them both.

---------------------------------

Hand #2 Same table and pretty much the same players(LP).

UTG(loose woman bad post flop)limps, UTG+1(woman who plays too many hands)limps, MP(Reasonable guy)limps, MP+1 limps, HJ(Bad)limps, CO limps, Hero is the BTn with
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises, SB(weak)calls, BB(weak)calls, rest call. 9 players(entire table) to the flop.

(17 SBs) Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Whole table checks to Hero who bets, SB calls, Folded to MP who now raises, HJ calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls. 4 to the turn.

(12.5 BBs) Turn is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Checked to Hero who bets, all call. 4 to the river

(16.5 BBs) River comes the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB checks, MP bets, HJ folds, Hero Raises, SB calls, MP folds(???).

(21 BBs)

---------------

Bonus hand #3

Same room different day and table but still LP.

Been a bit card dead for a few orbits. My image is tight but I have shown down all winners with big hands so far. In short; the players are scared of me when I bet and or raise any time at all.

7 handed at the time of this hand:

UTG(weak) limps, MP(way too loose PF)limps, folded to HJ(weak) who limps, CO limps, Hero is BTN with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limps in. SB folds, BB(weak)raps. 6 players to the flop

(5 SBs) Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who bets, BB calls, MP folds, HJ(reluctantly) calls, rest fold. 3 ways to the turn.

(4 BBs) Turn comes the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who bets, MP folds, HJ again reluctantly calls. HU to the river

(6 BBs) River comes the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] HJ same routine and checks, Hero bets out fairly quickly, HJ tanks for about 10 secs and folds.

More a read based hand than anything and position of course. Both opponents were weak players and I could tell that they didn't like their hands. Esp the HJ was pretty weak. Really didn't matter what I had in this hand. I don't do this all the time cause usually you get called down with a glimmer of a pair, but found a spot. That plus my image was pretty very solid at the time and I found a spot to take advantage of it.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: A few Suited Ace Hands

fix hand 1, the of 2 spades came twice
raising the turn is bad in that hand, why would you do that?

hand 2 is gross, i think you got 3 out of 4 streets wrong [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

hand 3 is gross but you made him fold a better hand most likely by using your image.

babar is sad at this batch of hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 01:49 AM

Hand 1: I just call the turn bet for the same reason I call the flop bet. I guess a raise cleans up some better aces, but at this point I'm just looking at the bounty of having five people to pay me off if a spade hits.

River: Assuming you mean the river is 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you should fold to the first bet, let alone a cap.

Hand 2: I really only like the flop play. I don't hate the preflop raise, but I don't really love it.

The turn is only a bluff. You have no outs, and there are too many still in the pot to expect the bluff to work.

The river is spewing, IMO. If you fold out SB you gain about 3BB, but when you're up against a Ten you lose 2BB. I don't think the former happens more often than the latter.

Hand 3: I'm having a hard time not being results-oriented, so I'll withhold comment
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 AM

What the hell happened to me here. I was looking at the replies and saying WTF? My most sincere Apologies on the first 2 hands: I have to recheck my notes cause I really ****ed up the first 2 hand boards completely. I don't play this bad.

Hand # 1 the board I completely bungled cause I made my flush on the river. Board was Qs 2c 5s, turn was 7d and the river was the 2s completing my flush. Looking for any help with this one still.

Hand #2-Please disregard completely until I get the board right. This not a cop out on my part at all. (Although it was my anniversary so I can blame my wife!)

Hand #3 is correct though. Image thing. That & I knew his hand was weak. A read as well; You had to be there I guess.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:10 AM

You should be raising the flop in hand 1, IMO, for value if 1 or more players cold call and to potentially buy an A out. Turn raise is nutty. I'm probably going for overcalls on the river, with the nut flush and this pot size probably calling anything.

Skipping hand 2 as requested.

Hand 3 I'm not betting this flop into 5 villains.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:29 AM

* grunching hand 1 *

Preflop I limp as well.

On flop I think I raise (although I'm iffy on this). With 8 to the flop the pot is already big and worth winning. A raise will hopefully free up your Ace outs. As well, my usual table is loose enough where I'll probably get at least one cold caller so equity-wise it's at worst a break-even play; if I get two or more cold-callers then it's a money making raise equity-wise. If I knew there was an aggresive player after me I might just call/3bet this flop to build a huge pot with lots of players.

I'm lost on the turn raise; isn't this simply a call?

River I play the same way. Kinda looks like someone has made a boat here but I just can't bring myself to fold the nut flush getting (I think) 11:1 on the last coldcall.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 08-29-2007, 01:42 AM

Frond please stop trying to outplay dumb 4/8 players! All hands are massive spew! Kit is sad as well...

Are you working on a LAG game or something? PM me and I can teach you some more effective ways to go about it.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1(weak woman)calls

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-29-2007, 11:39 AM

Raising the turn on hand 1 is really bad. You're charging yourself to draw and eliminating your customers if you do river a flush, and you have very little chance of folding everyone out.

Hand 2 I'm skipping because you told us to.

I don't like Hand 3, either, but I suppose J62 two-tone is the best you can ask for. So congrats, you have perhaps the least -EV spot to bet ace-high into five players. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It's still not worth it.

-McGee
Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM

1. Call the turn. River is fine as played.
2. Some may tell you to 3-bet the flop, but I think calling the c/r is fine because a T still leaves you behind J7/QJ and a 3-bet might force you to lose SB. Check the turn. Call the river. Turn bet/river raise are way too much.
3. Check the flop. Players who are scared of you at low limits don't fold. They call. That doesn't help you. Check the turn and check the river. The only hands you're beating that are folding are AK(might still call)/AT/A9-A8dd there and every pair is calling. Stop value betting for your villains. All other hands you already beat.