Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Starting on FullTilt and Looking for Help

Hey everyone, I just registered for this site and im switching from PokerStars to FullTilt. Im going to be making a 100$ deposit on the site today and im just looking for advice on how to build a bankroll from this amount of money. I would love to build it up and play for a little bit of extra money in the future, but i have to get up there 1st. So if anyone has had any success starting around 100$ or so and building it up to several thousand, Please tell me where I should start sitting at and the games i should be playing. =) Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
FullTilt name: Elper
Donations: Excepted =)

Thanks again everyone!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Starting on FullTilt and Looking for Help

Most important thing to do is sign up through a rakeback site.
Play 10nl 6max 2-4 tables ABC style and you'll build a bankroll in no time. When you get to 25nl and above datamine.
If you are going to multitable get some of fozzy's mods.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:49 PM

I once built an instant bankroll by sitting with $25 on a $100plo table and turned it into $95 then sat with that at $400plo and got to $335. I then played 25nl and 25plo.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Like most poker questions, the answer is "it depends", and to get meaningful responses, you need to provide more details. For one, I'm wondering why you would leave PS for FT? I was thinking that FT is offering a matching deposit bonus up to $600.00, but I could be wrong. I started at PS because they don't offer rakeback, and their initial deposit bonus is small. I play nlhe micro stakes because nlhe is the game I enjoy, and I can gain experience at the lowest stakes. I plan on taking full advantage of a deposit bonus like FT offers, once I build my BR and move up in stakes. That's my plan, but you may prefer a different game, and of course you will only build your roll if you're a winning player. BR management is only for winning players, otherwise it's just a matter of time before you bust. Learn the fundamentals and play solid poker in the beginning.

There are a lot of good posters here who will give you great advice, but I suggest you start with the stickies and FAQ's in this forum, as well as in the forum(s) of the game/limits you play at. Most of your questions will be answered by reading those first. Buy a few books, study them, and you will be light years ahead of your opponents. 2+2 provides excellent resources for this, but you need to provide more information.

Good luck,
T-Mo
Old 08-24-2007, 12:08 PM

1. Get a sign up bonus (if they're still offering one).

2. Play the smallest stakes they have in your preferred game.

3. Check out some of the Sit 'n Gos. I think they have them starting at $1.
They're pretty easy to beat, as I recall.

4. Good luck!

--klez