Old 08-21-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Set of aces in reraised pot. 100 PLO

Villain is running at 30/20/3 over 100 hands. History:

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
3 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $11.5</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($24, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $19</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $81</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $88.35</font>, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($200.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $200.7)

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($200.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $200.7)

Results:
Final pot: $200.7
<font color="#ffffff">Button showed 8s 4s Th 8h</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Jd Jc Kd Ac</font>

and then the actual hand:

Forgot to include stack sizes but we're $117 deep.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($25.5, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($65.5, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($65.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $45</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $45 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $65.5

Is my turn check bad? I really couldn't figure out what to put him on. Given that he's seen me reraising w/o AAxx is this an easy bet because he'll stack of with worse? He stacked off kind of lightly in the first hand.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Set of aces in reraised pot. 100 PLO

I would bet half the pot on the turn cause your in position, this way you know pretty much where you stand, If he re-raises you then you can fold and save money, if he calls your still going to be in position on the river, When the river card hits you've bet 3 times into the pot, i would doubt that he would bet out unless he had broadway and your probablly happy to go to showdown as you can beat 2 pair, set of queens ect. By checking the turn your screaming weakness and with that scary river card hitting that's a great spot for him to steel. And if he's a crazy player then you will be tempted to call a bet because your not really sure where you are at because you checked.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:24 PM

I would bet 1/2 to 2/3 on turn. River fold is reasonable. Opponent has kqjt type hands much more than qqxx, ajxx, or jjxx.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:28 PM

Why in the world would you check the turn? Bet here pls, and then the river deicison makes itself.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is my turn check bad? I really couldn't figure out what to put him on. Given that he's seen me reraising w/o AAxx is this an easy bet because he'll stack of with worse? He stacked off kind of lightly in the first hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realise in hand number one he was raising because he had 2 blockers to the straight so made a bluff at it? He wasn't stacking off lightly so much as bluffing.
Usually yes I bet the turn, but obviously it turned out well for you as he would have called again and hit his straight. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 PM

The turn check's fine. There's no FD on the flop, so his most likely hand is probably KQT. Also, if we get raised off our 10-out draw, that's much worse than if we give villain a free card to whatever weak draw he might have. I think you played the hand perfectly.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:43 PM

yeah I think you played it well.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:08 AM

for your style of play, fold it on turn
really
what card on river you expected to see to play with? fourth ace? you so scared of a str8 to jst about commiting him to raise you. and it looks like you gotta fold on a full pot raise even on a blank river. if you not gonna fold to PSB in a blank river then the question is why the hell you checked turn.

i hate hate hate that check. lol
you just make him a gift, checked turn

your rvier decision would be very very simple after you bet about 3/5-2/3 pot turn. if you reraised, fold
if you raised on river OOP then just fold again, easy
Old 08-22-2007, 04:59 AM

obviously the first hand is a bluff but it is still pretty spewy, because hero has so many hands which must call and villain is in bad shape against most of them. Based on that I'd probably bet/call the turn expecting to often be called by worse.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 AM

i only really like betting on the turn here if i have nothing, can only win by betting and if he reraises its obv an easy fold, or some kind of hand that can call a re raise, either made or a wrap (say, 14+ clean outs with some money behind on the river if i hit) - anything in between i check

its fine as played as if he has checked a straight on the turn you might get paid $15/20 or so on the river if you fill up

i seriously doubt he is playing back at you with JJJ on the river as you could easily have AAKx/AKKx/etc in this spot