Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 AM

Default 50nl:I raise PF, then, I C/R the flop!

Villain is a LAG (28/20/3.5) over a decent sample

effective stacks were too small to b3b so i decided to c/r flop instead.

Thoughts?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.95
BB: $22.25
UTG: $39.95
UTG+1: $55.80
MP1: $76.55
Hero (MP2): $55.15
MP3: $15.55
CO: $29.80
BTN: $66.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28</font>
Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: 50nl:I raise PF, then, I C/R the flop!

I don't know, this is for sure a nice move now and then, but I prefer a simple CB in this situation. You re putting him AI here, when he hit good, like two pair with JT perhaps or a set , you re playing a really big pot here with only a draw and some overs whicht might not even be outs...
IMO, the pros of this move don't outweight the cons. If you CB on flop like 4.5$ and he'd move AI, would you call there?
I would like this move very much though if you had a flush draw along with the nut straight draw...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:51 AM

Not bad ... he is uber aggressive and you likely have a draw to the nuts with a lot of fold equity

I normally cbet the crap out of things and the tricky cr is a rare play. This is one spot though given his aggression

nh
Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 AM

I think your C/R is a good move sometimes vs a villain that is this aggressive as long as you know that he is capable of folding to a raise, but I think you raised too much. The only hands that call have you beat, even if he calls liberally, and you don't have the hammer of future bets to scare your opponent.

However, raising smaller to like $13 still commits you to the hand; if he pushes over the top, you're getting odds to call. If he flat-calls, you have odds to call all-in on the turn.

If the stacks were deeper, say $50, I like your C/R a lot better. Also if the stacks were only like $20, I think the C/R is a profitable play.

Due to these awkward stack-sizes, I prefer just flat-calling the flop, and C/R AI any A, K, Q, 9 turn. You're almost getting correct pot odds to call the flop, assuming all your outs are live. When you consider the implied odds you are getting from this aggressive opponent, I think a flat-call is the most profitable move.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Due to these awkward stack-sizes, I prefer just flat-calling the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

agree to disagree ... we have a weapon, FE, and we have to use it in this spot.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Due to these awkward stack-sizes, I prefer just flat-calling the flop, and C/R AI any A, K, Q, 9 turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think C/C is too passive here, Hero lead the turn, Villain showed no strenght so far. I CB flop in that spot 90% of the time. If he folds, ok, my pot, if not I still have the initiative and my hand is well disguised if I flop one of my nut outs..
Old 08-17-2007, 09:29 AM

b3bai is better

reverse craiing is only good in 3bet pots when the stacks are appropriate for it
Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 AM

Renton, b3bai?Help me please.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:28 AM

b3bai = bet and then three bet all in

Effective stacks are only $30, though, so you won't have any fold equity on the shove unless he minraises the flop. Did you overlook the stack sizes, or is this a better play even without FE? Your advice is always really helpful, so I'd like to better understand the reasoning.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:31 PM

Against a laggy dude I like this. He'll bet a lot more hands than he'll call with and your hand has very solid equity against his presumably huge range.