Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Standard push or spew w/ big combo draw

Villian is unknown but pretty tight so far..

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.70
UTG+1: $26.35
MP1: $25.55
MP2: $19.70
Hero: $31.80
Button: $22.15
SB: $65.70
BB: $25.05

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.1, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $0.25</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises to $7.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $31.45</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 calls all-in $12.45</font>.
Uncalled bets: $11.75 returned to Hero.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Standard push or spew w/ big combo draw

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: Hero (poster) checks

[/ QUOTE ]

is this your first hand at the table, posting in the CO? or were you sitting out?

[ QUOTE ]
Flop:
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $0.25</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises to $7.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $31.45</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 calls all-in $12.45</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

why the raise to 2x the pot...with the initial bet at about 1/4 pot, wouldn't a raise closer to potsized be more standard?

...I'm trying to figure out what MP2 is thinking. or holding. what read he has on you for him to be willing to play past the flop for a quarter-pot bet (or a $quarter, same difference here) and be equally willing to get in a reraise battle until you're both all-in...

You have a ton of outs here, and Pokerstove shows ~62% equity against a random hand. I guess it depends on whether he has a random hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 12:49 PM

i think when you make that big semibluff raise and then mp2 call/reraises big, your hand is in bad shape. i think 64s, A4s, or a set are all very likely holdings for your opponent. i think i would call and re-evaluate, getting about 2:1 with another $12 left to go.

i really dislike your 4bet-shove. you have zero fold equity and you virtually never have all 15 outs (does villain really do this with 5x or something like 99?).
Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think when you make that big semibluff raise and then mp2 call/reraises big, your hand is in bad shape. i think 64s, A4s, or a set are all very likely holdings for your opponent. i think i would call and re-evaluate, getting about 2:1 with another $12 left to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he has ONLY one of those hands, I'm only a 3:2 dog. Calling is not good IMO this shallow. Say I call, and he shoves his last $12 on a brick turn. Can we fold getting 2.33:1 (28:12), Hmmm..It's close...[ QUOTE ]

i really dislike your 4bet-shove. you have zero fold equity and you virtually never have all 15 outs (does villain really do this with 5x or something like 99?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2007, 03:23 PM

did you mean to reply to my second paragraph, or are you qft'ing it?

anyway, i don't like raising, and you don't like calling, and we both don't like folding (presumably). so now what? nl is hard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 08-15-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you mean to reply to my second paragraph, or are you qft'ing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started to reply but didn't like what I wrote and just forgot to remove it after the fact.
[ QUOTE ]

anyway, i don't like raising, and you don't like calling, and we both don't like folding (presumably). so now what? nl is hard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

hopefully we can get some good insight from a non-limidonk! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM

I don't think I like a call on the turn.

It's a $5.05 raise. Villain has $12.45 behind... implied odds tell us if we hit we'll get that $12.45 maybe. If the flush card hits will he fold? If we raise now we guarantee that he can't fold.

WTF could he have? He was content to call a stupid min-bet, which seems to lend itself towards a draw of some sort, but then goes nuts when he sees someone has a hand.

He also seems to be wanting to get the money in now, which may mean that if we hit we win. He's over-betting the pot with his $5.05 raise... pot was $4 ... he wants a flush draw to make a mistake and call.

I'd put him on a vulnerable hand here, with some draws. Vulnerable probably being 66-QQ, maybe a suited A-rag?. I don't see a set here.. I don't know that a set or flopped straight (46s) would sit on the first bet on the flop in NL like they do in limit. Especially with the flush draw out there and a minbet. Of course I'm giving him credit where it might not be due.

I think we're ~50/50 against his range.. maybe a little better if he's only got 1 club. I don't mind the flop push.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: Hero (poster) checks

[/ QUOTE ]

is this your first hand at the table, posting in the CO? or were you sitting out?

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm not sure.. I'd have to go back and look... obviously wasn't first hand cuz I had a stack larger than the max buy-in.

OK, went back and looked.. For whatever reason, I missed my SB (maybe I had auto-post blinds accidentally unchecked and timed out posting it or something???)
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop:

[/ QUOTE ]

why the raise to 2x the pot...with the initial bet at about 1/4 pot, wouldn't a raise closer to potsized be more standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, my raise was potsized.

$1.1 preflop total + $0.25 bet + $0.25 call + .$0.25 more for me to call= $1.85

So $1.85 on top of the $0.25 initial bet would of been $2.10, I made it $2.2.. so just a shy more than raising the pot.
[ QUOTE ]

...I'm trying to figure out what MP2 is thinking. or holding. what read he has on you for him to be willing to play past the flop for a quarter-pot bet (or a $quarter, same difference here) and be equally willing to get in a reraise battle until you're both all-in...

You have a ton of outs here, and Pokerstove shows ~62% equity against a random hand. I guess it depends on whether he has a random hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he has random cards...p