Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 07:47 PM

Default 2 Live Hands - How Much Action?

Juicy live 4/8 game at HG. Table is a mixture of lagtards and idiots.

Hand 1: Villain has been raising every hand pf for the better part of an orbit and showing down rags like 84o, but has been getting lucky so keeps raising pf. I've been looking for a spot to take his monies.

Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. EP calls Villain in MP2 raises, MP3 cold calls, Hero cold calls, big blind calls, limper calls, we're off to the flop for 10sb.

Flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Jackpot! Checked to villain who bets, MP3 folds, Hero raises (want big hearts to pay to chase), folded back to Villain who 3 bets, folded to Hero who caps, Villain calls.

9bb Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain bets, Hero raises, Villain 3 bets, Hero calls.

15bb River is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Villain bets, Hero calls.

More action anywhere or just right?

Hand 2: Villain is a tricky/idiot older player. He likes to bluff at pots and will raise/fold middle pair type hands. In an earlier pot he called down my AK with A5 on a KT5 board and caught a 5 on the river. He's been running really well and is up 5 racks. UTG is a complete idiot and is already tilting after losing one pot - he just sat down 10 minutes ago.

UTG limps, Villain limps, 2 more limps, Hero in the cutoff limps 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Blinds call, 7sb to the flop

Flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Check to Hero who bets. Folded to UTG who raises, Villain 3 bets, everyone folds, Hero caps, UTG & Villain call.

9bb Turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG checks, Villain Bets, Hero Raises, UTG calls 2 cold, Villain 3-Bets, Hero Calls, UTG calls.

18bb River is 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG checks, Villain Bets, Hero Calls, UTG folds.

again - More action anywhere or just right?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: 2 Live Hands - How Much Action?

Both look fine to me, but I'd fold the first one preflop.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:20 PM

Your biggest leak is not playing the 8/16 game there.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:37 PM

I believe you. My bankroll is almost at the point where I'm ready to take a stab. With a little luck, I'll run well from the start and be off to the races.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 PM

The 4/8 game I spanked when I started is harder than the HG 8/16 right now. Heck, the much raved about 9/18 Commerce game was tougher.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Against the opponents you've described in hand 2, I'm probably capping turn here. Not bad as played, but there's still a good chance you have the best hand here. At least one of your opponents is donating chips here - make 'em donate some more...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:11 PM

Hand One - I like it, but the more your Villian is a maniac, the more likely I cap the turn and raise the river. To me, this would be read dependent.

Hand Two - set over set is rare and Villian didn't PF raise so no JJ and so I cap the turn. If Villian still bets the river, I still raise/call. If he has 66, so be it. But given your read, I'd keep on the gas peddle on the turn and give it one more boost on the river.