Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 AM

Default I run Good

Brag: I have been a card rack the last two days, picking up $967 at 3/6 limit over about 13 hours. I haven't had aces or queens once.

Beat: I suck at no limit, busto from tourney early today.

Variance: Hit a one-outer for the ultimate cooler full house that turned out to be worth about $120 to get this rush started:

Hero has 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in CO. 4 callers.

Flop. 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . UTG bets, UTG2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] check, check, MP3 bets, Hero raises, UTG reraises, UTG2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: K :clubs: UTG bets, UTG2 calls, Hero raises, UTG 3-Bets, UTG calls. Hero goes into tank for a minute. Hero caps, two callers.

Hero/Donkfish/Lucky sonofa, shows 9's full of 8's. Poor suckout victim shows 8's full of 9's.

Hero proceeds to berate own play for 20 minutes.

I got called down a lot, while holding top top, after that.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: I run Good

why would you berate your play ?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you berate your play ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] OP sucked out on villain.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:05 AM

Why raise the turn? You normally kill all of your action from a draw. You should have called and reraised when UTG raised. Sorry but I play a lot of limit and I dont understand the raise there all you do is kill your action. Just call and pray the person to your left raises so you can reraise and give everyone with the draws the right odds to call.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why raise the turn? You normally kill all of your action from a draw. You should have called and reraised when UTG raised. Sorry but I play a lot of limit and I dont understand the raise there all you do is kill your action. Just call and pray the person to your left raises so you can reraise and give everyone with the draws the right odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 AM

What that is the point of limit when you have a big hand. Right now he hopes to god the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes on the river. Dont let the guys with those draws fold. That is where you get your money from. If the sf draw hits so be it he wasnt folding raise or not. It is so easy to kill your action in limit dont do it when you have a big hand. Let them draw at you and pray they hit. I wouldnt recomend checking if it was checked to you but I sure as hell am not raising the guy to my right when there are 2 people behind me.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 AM

[_] strategy in BBV
Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What that is the point of limit when you have a big hand. Right now he hopes to god the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes on the river. Dont let the guys with those draws fold. That is where you get your money from. If the sf draw hits so be it he wasnt folding raise or not. It is so easy to kill your action in limit dont do it when you have a big hand. Let them draw at you and pray they hit. I wouldnt recomend checking if it was checked to you but I sure as hell am not raising the guy to my right when there are 2 people behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a calling station in UTG 1, so I expected that she'd call whatever card came on turn or river, as evidenced by the play on 4th and 5th street...

Doesn't matter, the point of this thread is that I won 160 BB in 13h.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 PM

[x]OP missed a bet