Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Flopped a boat $50NL, Line Check

How's my line here? In hands like there I often find myself lost as far as how much to bet; I'd certainly like to extract but I desperately don't want to lose the other guy.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $52.80
<u>Hero (BB): $50.40</u>
UTG: $57.15
MP: $46.35
CO: $52.05
<u>BTN: $55.70</u>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.25</font>, MP folds, BTN calls $5.75

Flop: ($17.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, BTN calls $10.00

Turn: ($37.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($37.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $24.00</font>

Pot Size: $85.25 ($3 Rake)
Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Flopped a boat $50NL, Line Check

Against your average loose passive I prefer shoving the turn over the one you took. Simply because they can hope to improve there but not on the river. Also the river in this case as in many others is looking a whole lot scarier for a lot of hands.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against your average loose passive I prefer shoving the turn over the one you took. Simply because they can hope to improve there but not on the river. Also the river in this case as in many others is looking a whole lot scarier for a lot of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are not many draws though and he wouldn't be getting odds to call a shove on turn, so might as well let the draws draw so if they do hit they can hit second best hands. It will also make him more likely to try to snap off bluffs with mid pocket pairs.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Here, I figured he liked his hand from the pre-flop action, and would be willing to call a reasonable-sized flop bet. I thought he might dump his hand if I bet the turn, and was hoping he'd bet out if I slowed down (obviously that didn't happen).
Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 PM

shoulda stopped this hand at the turn. I would probably bet the turn again for value. I would have bet more on the flop tho so that you don't have so much cash back after your flop bet. Bet flop+turn seems decent on this board IMO.

edit: I just assume he's not floating air very often here since you didn't give any history.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:53 PM

I'd bet the turn.

Checking the turn and betting the river just doesn't seem to work for me most of the time. They don't bet the turn if I check, and they won't call a riverbet if they don't call a turnbet.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn.

Checking the turn and betting the river just doesn't seem to work for me most of the time. They don't bet the turn if I check, and they won't call a riverbet if they don't call a turnbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldnīt agree more. I donīt know how many times I have got vv loose calls on the turn (A high), but if the action is bet, check, bet villains calling range on the river seems to be tp+.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are not many draws though and he wouldn't be getting odds to call a shove on turn, so might as well let the draws draw so if they do hit they can hit second best hands. It will also make him more likely to try to snap off bluffs with mid pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic does not make sense. There are many draws out there (straight and flush) and lower houses. What hand that would not call a turn bet would call a river bet when a draw card hits? I can't think of a SINGLE such hand.
Bet the hand on the turn. If he has a draw, he will likely pay for it. If you let him draw for free to the river, you miss so much value. Bet turn, push river.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are many draws out there (straight and flush) and lower houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree with this; the only straight draws out there are T9, T8 and 98, all of which are reliably out of his range given the preflop action. Backdoor flush draw is possible but against the odds. If he has a set and is drawing the the boat, he's likely raising the flop, or calling flop and betting the turn regardless of my action.

In short it looks really unlikely that he's drawing to a straight, flush or boat here.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 AM

Big hand=Big pots. I would bet the turn and river. Does anyone like c/c the flop and crai on the turn. Baluga doesn't apply when the board is paired. We might get a call out of QQ-AA?