Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Best line on the turn?

The raw feeling of being outplayed is the toughest adjustment to make in NL from limit [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from

FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($39.70)
MP ($7.70)
Button ($52.70)
SB ($36.10)
Hero ($24.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, SB calls $2.25.

Turn: ($8.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB goes all-in for $32.60</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8.75
Old 08-03-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Best line on the turn?

Flop check-raise is pretty bad. You're rarely getting called by worse hands. I'd rather just lead because it keeps the pot smaller and shows less strength.
'
On the turn checking is probably best. You don't want to be playing a big pot with this hand, and again, what hands are you getting value from by betting this turn? A6, A7, A8, A9, that's it. Don't expect to be called down by 75o, as in limit.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 AM

The one thing I've tried to prevent in my short nl career is getting cr'd out of a hand. It's not like limit where you're still getting to showdown one way or another after a cr in a situation like this. NL vets please tell me if this is flawed thinking.

I check behind here because a lot of times on the river, your typical bad uNL regular is going to bet ATC on the river after your check, because this is about the only bluffing situation they can ever wrap their little minds around (no more cards left to come out (don't have to two barrel) and you just showed weakness by checking turn) and I call most rivers, unless the villain never puts a decent sized bet in w/o the goods.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:23 AM

lead flop, c/c turn. as played check turn, as played def fold to the shove. you dont have that strong of a hand and i think c/r pretty much eliminates the possibility of getting paid by a worse one in this spot.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 AM

Check raising that flop allows villains to play perfectly. Just lead the flop and check behind on the turn with plans to call a reasonable river bet. You have a mediocre hand with decent showdown value. Not a good type of hand or board to bloat the pot. On the turn you only bet 4 Ax hands so what worse hands do you think are calling a bet?

5 handed, I'm raising pre-flop to chase out the trash hands that NL$50 players like to limp and over limp with. Hands like this play a lot easier when you take the initiative pre-flop.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:23 AM

c\r that flop is bad, lead it, as played have to fold turn
Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lead flop, c/c turn. as played check turn, as played def fold to the shove. you dont have that strong of a hand and i think c/r pretty much eliminates the possibility of getting paid by a worse one in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he lead flop and c/c turn...... players dont float at 100nl. i see your idea but with A 10 its a horrid line.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:27 AM

I would have strongly raised preflop, and I agree that the flop CR was ill-concieved. As played I prb just check-fold the turn.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM

i think raise pf with 2 limpers and an sb completing is bad
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think raise pf with 2 limpers and an sb completing is bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, tell me why you think this.