Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Do you remember your first post on 2+2?

Dunno if this is the right to post, but I play mostly MTT's.
This is a transcript of mine after playing for two months without knowing anything about a blind steal!

"3 players left in $11 20 player MTT on Party.
Me on 8k small blind (400). Leader 18k BB (800). UTG 14k.
I have KK. UTG goes all in.
I call. UTG shows AJ suited and holds up with an ace on the turn. 3rd was ok for me but i couldnt help thinking that UTG was a very lucky man.
I have nothing wrong with someone trying to steal the blinds, do you think it was foolish of him to go all in.
Comments pls,
Ta...Dickie D"
God knows how I made to survive to 3/20 in those days....ah Party, that explains all.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Do you remember your first post on 2+2?

Sigh - I remember my first few well... Don't know if these are in order, but they're close enough:

1) Asked the stud forum "what happens if everybody calls every street - 8 X 7 = 56". I realize now how nice people are in the stud forum, because they were quite friendly in telling me to read the freakin FAQ...

2) Posted about 10 hands (in one post) in MTTC asking for some strategy advice. To make matters worse, I didn't set the converter to "2+2", so they were half-converted and made your eyes bleed... The responses basically said "TLDR", "Use a freaking converter", "Wrong forum", "You're an idiot"...

Somehow I managed to stick around & make some friends here, though...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 AM

the 1st post i remember making was a bad beat story, me losing a $800 pot w/ flopped nuts flush to runner-runner straight flush. i got absolutely blitzed over it and couldn't understand why, because it was *such* a bad beat. i of course realized the error in my ways relatively quickly, though if bbv existed back then everything would have been fine.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 AM

archive server says my first post was in response to colson's wsop report from 2005 when i was watching his table. i didn't know it at the time, but i remember that table had:

colson
hachem
matusow
minh ly
some spewtastic scot that was hugely entertaining to watch.

nice table.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:33 AM

I'm not sure since it was several months after I registered (which btw, I just noticed was two years ago tomorrow), but I couldn't find anything earlier so I think this might have been my first... where I disagree with just about every good player in the thread

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post4275922

(I now often check K high flops with QQ, but I DO think that a lot of good players do it too often)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:40 AM

my first post was some decent advice in Midh-High Shorthanded LHE, cause I was (am?) good at it.
nowadays i play mostly MTTs but suck at it, which might have something to do with the fact i started working 9-5 for some german Pokerstars project.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure since it was several months after I registered (which btw, I just noticed was two years ago tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

noob.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure since it was several months after I registered (which btw, I just noticed was two years ago tomorrow), but I couldn't find anything earlier so I think this might have been my first... where I disagree with just about every good player in the thread

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post4275922

(I now often check K high flops with QQ, but I DO think that a lot of good players do it too often)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this post by CSC in the anthology? I think it should be. In MTTs it sure would be a lot nicer to just cite this post rather than have to explain to every person why their bet is "only for information". Then I have to explain that yes you will have to make some tougher decisions, but at least you earn value, etc.

Anyhow...move to anthology please, if is there. Ignore me.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:34 AM

Mine is related to a bad beat response from PokerStars. Typical :] Didn't say I worked for them then though.

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbt...rue#Post2570899
Old 07-24-2007, 11:54 AM

In my first ever post I started a thread asking for thoughts on buying in for the minimum at 0.10/0.25 PLO. Interestingly, I got a much better response that anyone would get today from a similar question (most posters will now simply request that you "DIE").

My first ever MTT post (back in the day when it was just "MTT strategy") on the question of blinding out players who are sitting out of a tourney:

[ QUOTE ]
I once found myself in a distant third place, three-handed, with 2nd place sitting out, in a SNG and asked "I don't suppose you're willing to blind him out?" He didn't reply and promptly knocked me out (I was hopelessly short stacked ~3BB).

I didn't realize at the time that this could be considered collusion if we proceeded to fold to each other's BB. I always thought that if one sits out of a SNG for half an hour anything goes. Thanks for letting me know better.

[/ QUOTE ]